• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

how many codv/coduo/cod2 still playing RO

I have spent over 600 hours on BF2, my clan plays it and I also participate in a weekly 6 hour battle using a mod with another group,(plus the training during the week for this battle) Also played a bit of all CODs'. Since buying this I have informed my clan and the other group that I no longer have BF2 installed. I take awesome gameplay over snazzy graphics anyday, and this seems pretty good even though is dated engine.:)

Upvote 0
Will I get mobbed if I say that BF2 is still my game of choice?

It's my clan's fault! Really!

Well, If you play the BF2 mod Project Reality it's ok! Those of you who didn't like BF2v should try this mod - much much better, and you will find lots of strategic teamwork on the PR servers. Try it!

http://www.realitymod.com/

Upvote 0
I Bought COD2 after i played RO.

I Bought COD2 after i played RO.

I bought call of duty 2 this past weekend, i played cod1 and it was ok.
After playing Red Orchestra for the past two years the multiplayer of COD2 is like a cartoon.
I found one good server for cod2 the 82nd airborne that plays a tactical gamestyle,they get good marks from me .
Other than that i can"t help but giggle at the people running around with the little icons over there heads, which indicate what team your on. Jumping around with bolt action rifles like it was quake3 or something.
Yup that just like ww2....:cool:

Upvote 0
I didn't say PRMM wasn't cool. It's a great idea, really well-implemented, it's just not my thing.

Operation Peacekeeper, the biggest thing I like is the choppers, I have to say. The Serbian forces have a HIND chopper with a main loadout of 80 (yes, 80) missiles, and the second position has TV-guided missiles. It can also carry a third person behind the seats.

The German forces have a chopper whose name eludes me, but the main loadout is 19 missiles, with the second position having 4 Air to Air missiles and 4 laser-guided missiles which are capable of either firing at a locked target or being guided into a target manually.

I also find the peacekeeper operations in the Balkans to be more interesting than PRMM.

Upvote 0
I didn't say PRMM wasn't cool. It's a great idea, really well-implemented, it's just not my thing.

Operation Peacekeeper, the biggest thing I like is the choppers, I have to say. The Serbian forces have a HIND chopper with a main loadout of 80 (yes, 80) missiles, and the second position has TV-guided missiles. It can also carry a third person behind the seats.

The German forces have a chopper whose name eludes me, but the main loadout is 19 missiles, with the second position having 4 Air to Air missiles and 4 laser-guided missiles which are capable of either firing at a locked target or being guided into a target manually.

I also find the peacekeeper operations in the Balkans to be more interesting than PRMM.

I agree that the Balkans is a more interasting scenario than what you find in PRMM. But I guess we just have different preferences. What I like about PRMM is actually the lack of tanks, attackhelicopters and that sort of things - I like the more infantry based gameplay of PRMM, and I like the realism.

...But I must say that I have not tried Operation Peacekeeper, so who knows? Maybe I will like it too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I think the german helicopter you are thinking of is the tiger

Upvote 0
I used to play COD2 about 6 or so months back, but only in "Tactical Realism" servers. In all honesty, I would have been content with COD2 if the game had been shipped out like those servers made it.

Of course, I grew tired of it and have moved to Red Orchestra. I've been playing for about a month or so, and I am starting to get quite good. I don't plan on leaving this community anytime soon as you all are for the most part so friendly! :)

Upvote 0
the only thing i like about CoD is Search and Destroy gametype...but CoD2 even managed to ruin that, making the maps so small their is little room left for tactics.

Everything about ROs gfx imho is superior to CoDs rehashed models, all they've done is paint on some nice new textures and add some dx9 fx which are great if you can get a decent frame rate on multiplayer, i know i couldn't even with my 256Mb 7800 GS.

Thus i haven't played cod 2 since december after the, CCA strike.

I still enjoy a bit of CoDuo, for the SD gametype - esp in match play, if RO had this i wouldn't play it again tbh.

Upvote 0
After playing CoDuo for around 1500 hours - http://www.xfire.com/profile/deagol0 - I was bored with the comunitie, all complaining and followers of the O so good "ClanBase" I decided to find a new FPS and found RO:Ost. Had to wait 2 months till RO:Ost was in the dutch stores and now whenever I play CoDuo it seems like flying, the speed is so high and sprinting so fast and so fast is the stamina away, also jumping off buildings is just as fake as what in CoDuo. CoD2 I dont want to spill a word about it.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I played vCoD, and I loved it. I went on to CoDUO, found it interesting and it had potential, but after- oh say a month I got bored and went back to vCoD.

Once CoD2 came out, I went bonkers, until I found out my older computer could only barely run it and I was being killed in scrimmages all the time. So I left and played Sid Meyers Civilization 3 until RO:Ostfront came out.

The only other FPS I have touched since RO:O came into my possesion is DoD1.6, which is essentially the father of ALL WW2FPS, and you can't deny that.

VCoD was awesome, no one has made such an original game before.

CoDUO was a dissapointment. Apparently the developers felt a need to make the maps larger- that failed enormously.

CoD2 killed my CoD loving permanently. They felt the need to down size the maps for some reason, that failed to.

I usually stick with one company until they fail me to often. So, I like Tripwire and as long as the next FPS they produce doesn't take place in the future, I'll see about getting it.

Upvote 0
cod:uo was promising but left since i still play dod on server that has class limit. After i play ROo this is like the best, class limit forcing people to actually use the rifles and still fun. (For some reason rifle is better than auto weapon for me). I was expecting COD2 to have tanks like uo but bah is all run and gun death match. WW2 and deathmatch dun really mix in my mind.

I just love how the COD2 community bash UO community when arguing about the vehicles not being in

Upvote 0