• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shotguns

I'm a little confused with this Geneva shotgun ban. Such as why did they ban them? especialy since they ban shot pellets and not slugs, just an assumption here but I'm willing to bet a slug is going to hurt more.
Have to guess that these pellets make much more violent damage than just a single slug. And I must say that guy with multiple wounds is much more harder to be healed, than guy who has his arm lost or one huge bullet in his chest.

http://guns.connect.fi/gow/historia5.html There is some mention about French Resistance using shotguns. In the BALLE BLONDEAU chapter. Black text is in english, blue in finnish. Though this doesn't relate to the main subject, but shotgun wasn't only used by americans.

Upvote 0
I'm a little confused with this Geneva shotgun ban. Such as why did they ban them? especialy since they ban shot pellets and not slugs, just an assumption here but I'm willing to bet a slug is going to hurt more.

Off topic- Are flamethrowers still allowed or have they been banned to?

Flamethrowers are banned (but still in service in the US once again).

Shot pellet is banned because the method of incompasitation is not targeted.
i.e. it causes excessive collateral dammage (by this I mean 1000s of pelets a few mm under your skin, external organs (eyes, genetals, face etc.) and embeded in bone).
They cause death or incompasitation due to extensive, indescriminate mutilation.

Slugs do not cause excessive collateral dammage. They cause death or incompasitation due to limb/organ trauma.

Edit: basicaly pellets will rip your skin off, blind you, poison you (if the pellets are lead) and cause vast disfiguration and bleeding.
Slugs will only destroy limbs and/or organs

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I thought the flamethrower was retired from US service during Veitnam? How is it being used today (mounted on a vehicle, or portable)

The Shotgun is a close ranged weapon, the pellets dont spread enough to cause damage all over the body unless your trying to hit somene from far away.
Excessive collateral damage my ass, nades mortars, and other explosive shells give off more fragments than a shotgun shell. I also heard somewhere that they have basically a shotgun shell for the Abrams, forgot where I saw it though.

While things like no poisen gas/landmines etc.. are understandable some of the Geneva convention rules seem a little dumb/pointless

Upvote 0
pls let this gameruining weapons out!! cod2 is bad with it, it would ruin RO too.think of odessa or basovka, you have a rifle or a smg and someone with a shotgun came, you have no chance. then, angry about that, you would take one too, and kill an enemy rifler, he gets angry and take one too, so on and on, till everybody has a shotgun, so ABSOLUTLY NO!

Upvote 0
pls let this gameruining weapons out!! cod2 is bad with it, it would ruin RO too.think of odessa or basovka, you have a rifle or a smg and someone with a shotgun came, you have no chance. then, angry about that, you would take one too, and kill an enemy rifler, he gets angry and take one too, so on and on, till everybody has a shotgun, so ABSOLUTLY NO!

Heeeeeeeeello, nothing like that can happen with limited classes.
But anyway, no pump action sh!tguns for me either.
Double barreled with slow reload times could be enjoyable though.

Upvote 0
I thought the flamethrower was retired from US service during Veitnam? How is it being used today (mounted on a vehicle, or portable)

The Shotgun is a close ranged weapon, the pellets dont spread enough to cause damage all over the body unless your trying to hit somene from far away.
Excessive collateral damage my ass, nades mortars, and other explosive shells give off more fragments than a shotgun shell. I also heard somewhere that they have basically a shotgun shell for the Abrams, forgot where I saw it though.

While things like no poisen gas/landmines etc.. are understandable some of the Geneva convention rules seem a little dumb/pointless

I can't really make my self any clearer on the stance on Geneva. Rest assured they have made this ban based on actual cases of appaling shotgun wounds.
The diffrance with shells and mortors is that they are designed to cause death or incompasitation due to limb/organ trauma.
They are effective killers. Shot pellet is only a effective mutilator unless used at extreemely close range.
Used at over 20ft away a shot gun does not usualy have enough kenetic enegy to dammage internal organs. This is due to the small weight of the projectiles.

The flamethrower is still is service by the US as a "engeneering tool" for burning buildings, vegetation and corpses. note: just because it is in service doesnt mean it is in use at the moment.

Upvote 0