• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Goliath remote control bomb

well if it was russain you like it in the game :confused: also sense its not sense to have people drive around like a nut case in a clown car. trying to put a charge on you in the middle of a big battle, hahahha a least the germans had a sneaky idea ;-)

Use of BA-64 in game - delirium. Dogs-bombs delirium. In this game people are really spoilt by tanks. The infantryman could lead year in entrenchments and for this time never to see the tank. The most widespread reason of death - a mortar.
In German army were the sapper part at which there were jackhammers and chain-saw. Let's add it? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
that dog is damn brave and crazy. but why is he rushing a russian tank?

The first mine-dogs where a BIG faliure.
They had been trained on russian tanks (the photo is of a dog in training)
When they encounterd german tanks they did not run under them, they just kept serching for russian tanks.
Training methods where improved, but with no great results.

Upvote 0
An interesting extract from the book "Panzer Operations: The Eastern Front Memoir of General Erhard Raus 41-45" about the dogs :)

"...
During these operations the Red Army employed so-called mine dogs for destroying our tanks. In the manner of pack animals, medium-sized dogs carried demolition charges that were connected to a spindle fastened to the dog's back. The dogs had been trained to hide under approaching tanks. In so doing, the animal would inadvertently bring the upright spindle (about fifteen centimeters long) into contact with the belly of the tank and set off the charge.

News of this insidious tactic caused some alarm among our panzer units and made them fire at all approaching dogs on sight. There is no evidence of any case where a German tank was destroyed by a mine dog. On the other hand, it has been reported that several time mine dogs fleeing from the fire of our panzers sought protection underneath Russian tanks, which promtly blew up. One thing is certain: The specter of the mine dogs ceased just as abruptly as it had begun."

:)

Upvote 0
i think that is cruel and evil to use a poor dog like that:mad:

makes you feel better maybe, to know, that some russians/germans havnt been used in a better way in the war
:p

by the way, the goliath has 3 main points that speak against it.

It never was realy succesfull (as alerady said, very weak, compared to other weapons, that even where cheaper, like panzerfausts)

It never was produces in large quantities (cause of its, uselessness)

and, the most important point, there is more important things, the developers shoud work, on before adding circus elements.

Upvote 0