• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So how many bought the game after the trial?

TeufelHund

Dec 22, 2005
Hey Tripwire, were you pleased with the results of the trial sales-wise?

I played quite a bit during the trial and other than a few more kiddies (as evidenced by their high voices in VOIP) than usual didn't notice too much immaturity in the servers here in Australia.

I logged on last night after the trial and found that the number of players seems only slightly more than pre-trial. I'm wondering how well it did or whether a lot of people were just burned out after the trial and taking a break.

TeufelHund said:
I played quite a bit during the trial and other than a few more kiddies (as evidenced by their high voices in VOIP) than usual didn't notice too much immaturity in the servers here in Australia.
Man, I must of got the blunt end of the stick -- there were rampant TKers a lot of the time I was playing. Or people that would jump on top of satchel charges so that the engineer got kicked - took me about 5 seconds to figure out to stay away those crazies.

But I discounted it all as free trial mania, and bought the game anyway. I'm very glad that I did, the maturity the past few days is what I'd expect for a game like this.

Now, if only there were more servers in Australia... trouble with living on a remote island, eh :p.

Mal

Upvote 0
[tR]Mad Mac said:
But you get kangaroos and other cute critters found no where else on earth.
lol yes, and about the largest collection of poisonous animals found anywhere in the world too :).
Brinkman said:
me, i woulda bought the game at launch if htey just had a demo.
Me too. I had only two lingering reservations about the game before I tried it: 1) would there be servers in Aus; and 2) would I be able to ignore the last-gen graphics. Answers: 1) enough to keep me going until I move overseas; and 2) screenies just don't do the game justice -- once you get immersed in it you forget all about any niggling issues with the visuals.

(...except that default walking animation, that looks like the character has a stick up his ass. Real immersion breaker that one).

Mal

Upvote 0
Oh well, at least we get 3 servers locally. If you have to go further afield it isn't that bad gameplay wise. I find from Aus you play a fair few of the US and European servers with a ping around the 300's and still have a good time.

Just don't play in a manner that requires quick trigger action as the locals to that server will win out most times.

Upvote 0
Isnt companies legally bound to release their year results etc? I hope we'll get to see the sales figures of RO soon, I'm really curious how it did, specially how many were sold over Steam

Only if they are publicly traded on a stock exchange.

Private companies aren't required to release ANY information to the public other then the fact they are "Limited" and Tripwire is either a partnership or a private corporation.

Upvote 0
lol yes, and about the largest collection of poisonous animals found anywhere in the world too :).
Me too. I had only two lingering reservations about the game before I tried it: 1) would there be servers in Aus; and 2) would I be able to ignore the last-gen graphics. Answers: 1) enough to keep me going until I move overseas; and 2) screenies just don't do the game justice -- once you get immersed in it you forget all about any niggling issues with the visuals.

(...except that default walking animation, that looks like the character has a stick up his ass. Real immersion breaker that one).

Mal

Note: It's not necessary to turn the ambulance siren on . Your screaming will do the job very well.

That's from the first link. Must be pretty bad.

Upvote 0
I had only two lingering reservations about the game before I tried it: 1) would there be servers in Aus; and 2) would I be able to ignore the last-gen graphics. Answers: 1) enough to keep me going until I move overseas; and 2) screenies just don't do the game justice -- once you get immersed in it you forget all about any niggling issues with the visuals.

Mal

Loved and agreed with all your post. I am from OZ and I just bought it last night after the trial. Hopefully numbers will pick up a bit more..

Upvote 0