• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic demo

Pretty fun actually, wonder what the full game will be like how many items and stuff, weapons and if there's going to be any RPG elements.

Amazing work on the source engine though, i chug a bit when i get hit for the first time but otherwise it runs fairly alright, it is intensive though.

Has anyone done the "setting fire to a box and hurling it at an orc" meanuver :D fun times

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, but I've done the "play demo on a crappy PC and have it take 10 minutes to load one level and run decent afterwards, then later try it on an uber pc and have it load super fast then run like **** in-game" trick. Seriously, it took forever to load, but it bloody ran better on my crappy PC! And nothing I do will make it run better on the uber PC. I tried turning everything off. Most of the time it's fine. But looking at certain things (it seems pretty random what) makes it run at about 5 fps.

Upvote 0
IMO way to short, and unlike all other Source games i have, i had to run everything on lowest settings ( except resolution wich i kept at 1024/768 )
its still slow outside, and on the inside of the second level:(
though, hl2 and hl2ep1 i could play on highest settings? :confused:

also, as soon as anything at all breaks, framerate drops down to nearly zero

Upvote 0