• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Have you experienced no kill notification?

aktionman said:
IMO death messages along with nametags above player heads provide a player with unrealistic situational awareness. You can figure out where the enemy is from these indicators.
The nametags are no problem imho, since it's for a very short range, and IRL you'd probably be able to identify close by comrades by knowing where they were, seeing them, or just some chatter. Short-range nametags is the best way to simulate the situational awareness we have in the real world..

Upvote 0
Several times when i'm playing WITH death messages on I wont be able to see who killed me. One of 2 things will happen.

1. Nothing shows up at all, top right or in console.
2. My name shows up but no one in front of it (it looks like i shot myself), in the console however, it says that I was killed by "someone".

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a bug or intentional?

Upvote 0
The nametags are no problem imho, since it's for a very short range, and IRL you'd probably be able to identify close by comrades by knowing where they were, seeing them, or just some chatter. Short-range nametags is the best way to simulate the situational awareness we have in the real world..

Yes, but together with death messages - e.g. when your nametagged buddy goes over the top and a DM appears "Enemy shot Buddy" - you have an awareness of the enemy's whereabouts that you would not have IRL.

There are many instances where you can figure out stuff on the battlefield simply by looking at the nametags, death messages and scoreboard (which also tells you who has what weapon) - information you would not otherwise have.

Upvote 0
The thing with no death messages though, is that if you really want to know if you just got the kill, you can pull up the scorebaord quick and check our your score. If you remember what it was everytime you check it you'll know whether or not you got the kill.

To make no death messages work better, they need to revamp the scoring system to where you don't get any points for taking out an enemy soldier, and just points for working with your team.

Upvote 0

yeah you NEED the name tags to know who you're following.. or who's around you/talking

Upvote 0