• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

loading screen sux

Zips said:
The time you spend on the loading screen is so miniscule though. It's not like Battlefield 2 where you can spend 5-10 minutes waiting for the map to load.

I agree, the loadscreens are O.K. for now. My only problem is that it doesn't depict the map that you are loading! Sometimes I'm loading Arad, only to have a loadscreen from a screenshot of Bondarevo or something. It's minor - but sorta annoying when you feel like you're going into a snowy level and find out your're going to the farm/.

Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
it would be nice if it actually showed a screen of the map which is loading though, instead of a random screenshot...i think this would be much cooler.

Totlly agree, this feature would have helped me connect the names to the maps much faster and I think that it will help a lot of new and even some experienced players when loading the next map.

Upvote 0
Moz said:
It takes me 5 minutes to load on average still.

I haven't seen a single loading advantage since the new file system was release. Ofcourse editing is much easier now.

Really? during beta when only a few people had the file system thing, I was getting the sniper rifle sometimes with 512 lmao. I still load in about 20-30 seconds, but now everyone has it :D

Upvote 0
rrc589 said:
I love the fact that the loading screen is so plain. You can just click on the RO icon, the game opens up instantly, and you can find a multiplayer game to join in a snap.

After having to deal with BF2 intros and server browser issues for a long time now, this is a much welcome change, lol.

We are talking about the map loading screens, not RO main menu.

Upvote 0
aesdana said:
Ya the BFV loading screens.. I always looked at them, but there was kickass music during the load also, I think that was the biggest factor;)

OFFTOPIC: BFV - i had a lot of fun with that game, shame the "system" wasn't more robust, i found it quite frustrating to play inbetween the "cool" bits.

ONTOPIC:

I have always said map loading screens should correspond to the map, and give some info about it..in fact i think the majority of the dev team would agree with this, but it all boils down to time...and this isn't high on the priority list of "things to do"...but hopefully we'll see it remedied in the future.

Upvote 0