• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Brief 3d diversion

tankman24 said:
Can u maybe give some coding help to get it into game i mean not now when we have more free time from BS ? just thought id ask you ight drax Godd work so far Keep it up . . :D

Yeah.. I'd love to get another tank in-game.. I need the practice.. just gimmie a holler when you got something.

Edit:
I'll trade you coding your tank for unwrapping mine? my UV looks like someone vomitted triangles on it, and it'll be almost imposible to skin right.

Upvote 0
Curses! Outdone by my secret arch enemy (so secret, I didn't even know about it). ;)

I'm still a relative noob at unwrapping and skinning but those are on top of my "learn to do" list. If tankman is too busy atm, I'd even be willing to set the M3 aside for the moment to take a look at your KV, if you like. That is, so long as your not fussy about how fast it gets done. :)

Upvote 0
DingBat said:
Curses! Outdone by my secret arch enemy (so secret, I didn't even know about it). ;)

I'm still a relative noob at unwrapping and skinning but those are on top of my "learn to do" list. If tankman is too busy atm, I'd even be willing to set the M3 aside for the moment to take a look at your KV, if you like. That is, so long as your not fussy about how fast it gets done. :)

I might take you up on this..only creavet might be I'm doing Maya (and I know TMan does too).. since i know little about how well different formats perserve all the misc stuff (ie: bones), i'm open to file format suggestions.
Give I need to tweak out the code to get it working correctly (it fires a whopping 6ft just now.. amusing. but not very practical.. :p ), i'm not to worried about time-contrains for something like a UV (which I can work around anyhow..).

Upvote 0
Updated..

- redid the gun and mantle assembly to be more accurate and reflect some more details.
- reworked the periscope view ports
- add a hatch

1518 triangles. Probably a bit over recommended when paired with the KV hull.. but I think it'll do ok.

Don't mind the jaggies.. :p

kv2turretrender0cw5.png
kv2turretrender3ax1.png

kv2turretrender1tj3.png
kv2turretrender2am2.png

Upvote 0
man that tank sure does look retarded.

Do you have material to model the whole inside? something that massive screems for a full interior instead of the ones directly infront of the commander.

Nope.. I'm not doing a seperate interior.. this is more for me to get used to implementing and understanding vehicles and to keep my uber-weak Maya skills from go away entirely..

As for it's looks.. well.. alot of tanks looks pretty fugly. Between the crazy multi-turreted things to the 'Maus'.. Heck.. for this they just wanted to mount a 152mm howitzer with some armor around it.. *shrug*
I picked it because of it's realitively simple turret design.. :]

Upvote 0
Looks great, Drax. After doing that Grant turret I really envy you the slab sided one here. :)

If you have a good handle on what to do with interiors, I may have to bug you at some point for a brain dump. Right now, I'm only planning on doing the outside and the skin, but if it turns out to be not horrible, I'll have to go back to do the interior.

Nice work.

Upvote 0