• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Riddle of Steel

Are you adding the Panther? It was in the battle of Kursk along with every other German tank in the game. It would be a shame realism wise if you didn't add it. For those that will complain about adding the panther, the Russian tanks are vastly faster than the German tanks. Thus, if the Russians aren't idiots, they can flank everytime for the win.

Upvote 0
Panthers were still in the fight never the less, even though they broke down *which we will assume they stopped moving* the gun still fired. Even though the Russian objectives are farther, this doesn't mean they still can't flank, they still have the advantage in that aspect.

Upvote 0
Wasn't there only about a maximum of 20 or so panthers operational at the same time at kursk? I don't think any of them participated at prokhorovka, where this map takes place.

Please don't add it, I get tired of seeing the panther and IS2 in every tank map there is.

Will be nice to test the new version, I'll make sure it's added to rotation on DBDUK if no admins puts it in first :)

Upvote 0
Rrralphster said:
From the 200 Panthers (something like 200) only 40 were working at the end of the first day.
During the battle of Kursk it was a piece of crap...
Wasn't a piece of crap, they rushed the production and pressed them into service before doing field trials with these. The battle of Kurks were the field trials for the new Panthers. So no wonder they broke down.

Upvote 0
Panzer Meyer said:
Wasn't a piece of crap, they rushed the production and pressed them into service before doing field trials with these. The battle of Kurks were the field trials for the new Panthers. So no wonder they broke down.
I'm not saying it was a piece of crap in general. Just that it was a bucket of bolts at Kursk.

They were rushed and they broke down. Like you say.

Upvote 0