• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CAL Red Orchestra

CAL|DMiller said:
Good to see someone is as excited as I am! If you're interested, toss an application our way.

I would love to, but unfortunately that evil force known as Dark Side (aka Real Life :p) keeps me too busy to be able to put much time in to anything. IC is about as much time as I have to put into competative play anymore, and all I've done with that is sign up! :(

Upvote 0
WOW!!!! This is the best news ever for RO. I believe TWL will die and I'm sure it will because TWL has nothing on CAL. I hope CAL will not leave us when they commit to RO! I can't believe I will be able to play RO for a living LOL that is the goal! For all of you in the RO community doesn't know what CAL is, then you guys need to compete more.

Upvote 0
Ghad, I realize that there are major logistical problems with 12v12, but think of it this way, it gives clans who want to participate in CAL room to grow and take on new memebers. Clearly that is also a logistical problem, but the alternative is not as attractive. Personally ROO is best played with larger numbers of players, while I can see 8v8 working, the bigger problem with that IMO is that the reinforcements aspect of the game never really comes in to play which means that we wont see the kind of realistic tactical play that could be possible with 12v12.

Upvote 0
While its good to see more leagues interested in RO, I must say you seem overly optimistic. I hope a 10v10 or 8v8 league will succeed...but I don't see it happening, in North America anyway.

As I said, my clan would in all likelihood play, but how many others? There are only 3-4 active North American clans playing 8v8 matches. Hopefully the Free Weekend changes this, but if not I doubt RO would remain on CAL for long.

Upvote 0