• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Paradox Interactive Thread

Get the HSR 2.08 mod for Doomsday if you get that game. It's pretty good, adds a lot to strategy and some actual challenge to playing as Germany. However, as the war progresses, everyone seems to have too much of everything, like the Americans having 83 armor divisions in 1945, or 132 air wings. Late war sort of turned in to a super spam fest with the Americans and British having something like 30 bomber wings constantly flying over Germany bombing my precious IC. However, I started teching my Static-AA (something I never, ever had reason to do before:eek: ), and then I made about 20 Me-262 squadrons in 1944 and just started downing those bombers left and right.

The brigade system is pretty good, those bombers presented a challenge as the previous long range fighter unit has been replaced by Heavy Fighter attachments which can be added to tactical/strategic bomber squadrons to give them some long range power against enemy air.

There's Army Artillery, which can be attached to HQ units and are very powerful; Elite brigades which increase a good deal of stats but take a while to make in addition to 15 manpower. SS brigades are the same, but cost 25 manpower. There are heavy and light attachments, a whole lot of stuff to work with...

Upvote 0
myzko said:
what is that game?!?!
Yeah, what is that? A mod or something?

BTW, I'm currently attacking the SU. I already got any of the important provinces, and am now waiting for the bitter peace event, in the meantime I'm continuing getting deeper. I already conquered sweden, portugal, switzerland, austria(got it 1938), czech(+slovakia), nat. spain, ireland, belgium, denmark, lithuania and poland. Current year is 1954 and I already got nearly all techs. Once I'm in peace with the SU, I'll attack Portugal and Holland, then France and Great Britain(I'll launch an attack from Ireland). I'm cheating, not much though, I'm only using some event cheats here and then(to get down the partisan rate). I love the game, when I'll be back from italy on tuesday, I'll definitely DL some Mods.

Upvote 0
Yeah, what is that? A mod or something?

It's Europa Unversialis 2

In my HSR campaign its 1948 iirc, I've reached the outskirts of China, very close to annexing the Soviet Union. I'm also fighting in South Africa, India, and working on defeating the Allied air campaign over Germany and intensifying the U-Boat campaign to starve British and American troops overseas as well as deprive Britain of resources. It's a bit too late for that now I admit, but well I focused almost entirely on knocking out the USSR.

To answer Vietnow's question, the goal of the game can be what you make it. The game's goal for you is to have your alliance have the most victory points before the end of the game/scenario. But, some things like survival can be goals, if you're playing as the USSR, then again, you could also pursue world domination if you're good enough.

Upvote 0
This thread needs more Vicky:
screensave1yi4.jpg

I totally kicked France's ass after German unification, they were so crippled they didn't cause me problems for the rest of the war. Some of my spoils can be seen above, with Eastern Africa under African control. :D

Upvote 0
i'm going to have a go at HOI2 - see if I can get into it. Got a few questions though first.

Do you guys take control of your allies because to win the game your alliance has to have the most victory points, so for me I always feel I should be controling all my allies as well as my own country. This adds to the micro management and makes me feel like I can't be arsed playing. To play "properly" should you take control of your allies?

Which country would you recommend playing as first to get a decent challenge (Britain or USA will be too easy I think) without it being impossible for a newbie? Also It was a nightmare trying to play Britain in HOI 1 because of all the micro management (huge navy and having to control so many areas on the map).

Should I be concerned that I get beaten by the AI in the tutorial? LOL yes for some reason eventhough I follow the instructions theres a part of the tutorial where my ground troops always get beaten when they attact. I attack from 1 side and have 2 other armies set to support but they always lose. Maybe its bugged in one of the patches or I'm doing something wrong

Edit: hmm just tried the tutorial again and didn't have a problem this time..strange.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do you guys take control of your allies because to win the game your alliance has to have the most victory points, so for me I always feel I should be controling all my allies as well as my own country. This adds to the micro management and makes me feel like I can't be arsed playing. To play "properly" should you take control of your allies?

You can, it is up to you. You can let the AI handle your allies, or you can ask for military control over your allies. 99% of the time they let you. I always prefer to control my strongest allies so I can use their forces effectively.

Which country would you recommend playing as first to get a decent challenge (Britain or USA will be too easy I think) without it being impossible for a newbie? Also It was a nightmare trying to play Britain in HOI 1 because of all the micro management (huge navy and having to control so many areas on the map).

Germany or the USSR. They are best for begginer nations. Germany because it has the most potential right from 1936, tech teams are amazingly good if used wisely. USSR has until 1941 to expand, upgrade and research. If you start with the 1936 scenario, you basicly have 5 years to expand.

But, in HOI2 convoys are a lot easier to manage. You can let the AI manage your convoys now, auto-create, auto-cancel and auto-manage all your convoys and it is actually quite good at doing this. So to play nations like UK or Japan is a lot easier.

Should I be concerned that I get beaten by the AI in the tutorial? LOL yes for some reason eventhough I follow the instructions theres a part of the tutorial where my ground troops always get beaten when they attact. I attack from 1 side and have 2 other armies set to support but they always lose. Maybe its bugged in one of the patches or I'm doing something wrong

This depends on a lot of things! Weather, terrain, troops type, quantity, morale, organization and so on. Basicly you can have 9 infantry divisions attack 2 enemy divisions and still loose. If for example you are attacking in winter, across a river, the province you are attacking has fortifications and the enemy has better troops (1939 vs 1936 type) and they also have artillery brigades. You will loose an attack like that.

You have to pick and choose your battles carefully. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
King Ragnar said:
kekekeke ive just started as Soviet Union and i am currently destroying all Facist minor nations in the Balatics to kill f a few of Germanies allies before they go into Poland, i also plan to invade the dam Finnish soon and destroy them all, ill post screenshots when i can be bothered lol. :D

Uhhh, lol you get those in an event anyway. You are wasting your time, money, resources and troops. I am sure your dissent went sky high too DOWing all those minors.

Upvote 0