• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Yoshi's Letter to the Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening.
    With the Red Orchestra community spread over the world as it is, I felt that to be the best place to start. Just a week ago, on the 2nd, we here at Tripwire released Red Orchestra: Ostfront to the world for a free trial period. This has been a major step forward for us as well as something we have been working towards since release. It is also something we couldn

officedanceqo0.gif

Upvote 0
    I dont believe Ive seen a game community so helpful to new comers as in RO. Here in the UK, there was a definate sense "For the greater good!" on public servers. Many clans cleared their boxes of custom maps and mods so that an introduction to RO was friendly as possible.
    I know myself, I took many a HE shell in the face while typing helpful hints such as "O for map m8" etc...
    As the "shop front sales staff", I hope we did our part in making RO peoples next purchase.

Cheers Yoshiro

[5thW]Stickie

Upvote 0
    Every developer should stop by here and take not of they kind of symbiotic relationship that that the devs have with the community here. In all my experience it is truely unique. The community has always been an integral part of RO for me since way back in the mod days. I feel blessed to have stumbled across it while reading about awards at moddb and seeing the 3.1 (or was it 3.0) trailer. That solidified it for me. I've been lucky to get to know much of the community here. It seems almost strange for me to think that in most games devs arent part of the active community surronding their games since their presence seems so natural here :)

I am extremely happy that TWI has become a successful and respected developer and I look forward to what they will continue to do in the future.

Oh, an I wouldnt mind seeing Jucha either ;) Hehe <3!

Upvote 0
    RO:XXXIVX:III:
    "And for there stoodeth the unknowing, while the doors of enlightenment open, and behold; "Ye who be worthy, listen to the vets, for they are wise and kind in the light of the Trippies" the words of shining brightness shineth in the center of vision from he who is the human hand who guideth the adepts of RO toward the goal and the meaning; Praise him our hand of truth who be yet swift at striking the unholy, he who can stop the fruitless union of grenades and dumbness; Hail our admin, our Trippies, and the gameth of RO!"

Right, I'll take my pills now. sorry implode ;-)

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.