• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics A message to the TT extremists

Shadowman said:
  • The MG's have NO EFFECT on the enemy tanks. Needlessly firing this in between shots is both irritating and gives your position to any others in the area who haven't spotted you yet. Use these for fighting infantry and enemy tankers who have abandoned ship.
Broadly speaking true, but with 1 exception. When the guys in the tanks have not buttoned up. This weekend I think I shot 3 drivers with the MG. I did also get 2 drivers with the 75mm, but that's a different story.

But I did also locate an enemy tank in the woods and hit him because we was spraying my tank with tracer.

Upvote 0
Recce said:
[/LIST]Broadly speaking true, but with 1 exception. When the guys in the tanks have not buttoned up. This weekend I think I shot 3 drivers with the MG. I did also get 2 drivers with the 75mm, but that's a different story.
I have some huge problems with this. I can't shoot anyone if they are unbuttoned(or how do you say it). I mean I had T-34 in front of me, and driver and commander were unbuttoned. I was in clowncar and started shooting with MG. I gunned like 2 clips before the tank driver turned the tank and then they shot me.

And I have tried to shoot the tank crew with rifle in close quarters like billion times and it never works.

Upvote 0
perato said:
I have some huge problems with this. I can't shoot anyone if they are unbuttoned(or how do you say it). I mean I had T-34 in front of me, and driver and commander were unbuttoned. I was in clowncar and started shooting with MG. I gunned like 2 clips before the tank driver turned the tank and then they shot me.

And I have tried to shoot the tank crew with rifle in close quarters like billion times and it never works.

I've got to say that the effects seem a little random. I've used the sniper rifle to great effect. I've been able to shoot both driver and commander in the PzIII; the driver from a T-34; the gunner in a BA-64, both head-down and head-up. And I've used the tanks MG on drivers as well. When you hit the driver directly with an AP shell, you get a lovely spray of red.

But using the SMG on a German tank commander, it seemed that he had his force-field up, and I only got yellow sparks for my efforts. I haven't been able to find this "force-field option" because i've been shot out of a Panther (by a "free weeker noob" using a pistol) and out of a StuG by a bored "teammate", using this tank's MG.

I can only thing of two possible causes for this. The first is that the animation might be slow to update, and the guy is buttoned up. The second is where the "hit mesh" (or whatever it is called) covers part of the guys body.

Upvote 0
Recce said:
Broadly speaking true, but with 1 exception. When the guys in the tanks have not buttoned up. This weekend I think I shot 3 drivers with the MG. I did also get 2 drivers with the 75mm, but that's a different story.

Well yeah. Normally you can see when someone is unbuttoned and then you aim for them. I was talking about the people who constantly pound the MG against the side of the tank in between shots, as if they're trying to weaken the tank armor with MG rounds.

@Sabot good point.:)

Upvote 0
Harry S. Truman said:
My problem with [TT] is that any schmoe can stick it on his name. Just because they are willing doesn't mean they are cooperative or skilled at all.

There should be some kind of drivers test before you can put it in your name. :D

not to mention that there was/has been a deliberate attempt to sabotage the TT name by some people slapping the tag on, then going on TK and idiot bahavior rampages. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Hello all,

I must say that although I haven't had too many opportunities to ride with TT's, my experiences with them as teammates have been quite positive. As someone previously mentioned, they tend to have mics and are eager to move to help pinned down teammates or pick up stragglers that had their tanks shot out from beneath them. I have also played with a large number of solotankers who are just as friendly and teamwork minded. I TT whenever I can but usually end up soloing(firing, reloading, and manuevering alone is a nightmare). It always depends on the map, how many tanks are available, and whether or not anyone wants to ride together. I usually refrain from jumping in someone's tank unless they specifically ask for a crew. I know that the 10-15 second mandatory wait when teammates are nearby in the spawn can be trying, praying you don't get bots or that one guy who turns the turret to 0630 and ignores all target reports. When I end up with the feller that just must fire the MG at all times and who starts firing the cannon at those menacing brick walls or bails of hay, I usually just leave the tank instead of hollering at him. And like another feller already mentioned, when the tanking situation gets too messy with arguing, I just grab myself a PTRD or some panzerfausts and go hold down some capzones. Like I said before, I've had great experiences with both solos and TT's. I don't see the TT's as being anti-solo, but the no-TT tags seem to be pretty antagonistic. I see no need to hate on one another's differing types of gameplay. happy gaming!

={dBb}=Locust

Upvote 0
I like solo tanking just because 90% of the people who jump in with you have no freaking clue what they are doing. I live about 3 times as long and get 3 times as many kills solo than with someone clueless. On the otherhand, when I DO, and it seems very rare, get someone that has a clue, we kick serious ass. Unfortunately, I've had quite a few [TT] get in my tank and well, they didnt know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Upvote 0
Harry S. Truman said:
I like solo tanking just because 90% of the people who jump in with you have no freaking clue what they are doing. I live about 3 times as long and get 3 times as many kills solo than with someone clueless. On the otherhand, when I DO, and it seems very rare, get someone that has a clue, we kick serious ass. Unfortunately, I've had quite a few [TT] get in my tank and well, they didnt know their ass from a hole in the ground.

simple solution, play tank maps where the tanks arent limited ..such as black july, generally you can get your own tank without upsetting anyone

Upvote 0
I agree with HotDang 100%. Posting this here though will only get him flamed. This has already been beat to death but Ill jump anyway:

The TT folks need to come to terms with the fact that:

1)Their preferred way of playing does not afford them some perceved moral high gound. It's just a personal choice so get off the high horse.

2)Their "TT" label does not afford them the right to ***** at Solo Tankers. And save your "three is better than one" argument for the clan stacking servers or keep it in this forum. We don't want to hear about it on the battlefield as you drive us to certain death.

3)They are a minority. And probably always will be.

I (and most others) work better doing my Teamwork in solo tanks via voice coms so deal with it.

I have never kicked anybody out of my tank and do not plan on starting. However, sometimes I will jump out of a tank if somebody I do not know just jumps in and there are 5 tanks at spawn to choose from.

If you do not see a "TT" in my name that should be a clue for you. You guys invented the label so why don't you try actually utilizing it.

Upvote 0
Drude said:
Advice: Play with your friends so you don't need to waste tanks alone if you don't want to cooperate with random people.

If you don't have friends, then just stick with infantry maps or play offline.

Here is a clue for you:

WE DO COOPERATE. We just do it with solo tanks via voice comes.

This is EXACTLY the kind of elitist attitude that he (and I) am referring too.:mad:

Solo Tanking doesn't mean we do not coordinate, cooperate and play with friends so get your facts straight before you start down that road.

Upvote 0
[DBDUK]Klaus said:
Some of those TT guys are insane, I enter a tank with my friend
suddendly this TT guy enters
GET OUT OF TANK!
GET OUT OF TANK! he keeps yelling over and over again
obviously we dont
then he goes into another tank and flips us over when we go down a hill

LOL! Yeah it's ironic isn't it?

Here the TT folks are constatly whining about "alleged" solo tankers telling them to get out of his tank and the fact is I see more "TT" label folks doing just that so that they can clanstack their tank.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

And people keep complaining that there are not enough tanks. Well the Blackdayjuly and Orel servers I play on almost always have plenty of vehicles to go around. If not I go to the newt available Orel server.

So I do not see what all the fuss is about. Me thinks this alleged "Not enough tanks problem" is more an excuse than real.

Upvote 0
Vikhr said:
Possibly an imposter. We had several "TT's" in Orel at FK Mod server just moments ago, teamkilling and generally pissing off people on both sides. Luckily, they were banned half way the match, so we could resume the fight.

Yeah well I expected people to bash this guy for telling it how it is.

I have seen this happen myself where a TT member was *****ing at a solo tankers at start of every game so him and his buddies could all be cozied up in their favorit tank.

I have also heard many times on voice coms where a TT player will verbally berate a solo player simply because he is a solo player and no reason more.

You can deny that this stuff happens all you want but there are more than one ugly side to this story and that is a fact.

Upvote 0
Crumpp said:
Solo tanking isn't about not being able to be a team player. It's about being able to use the tank in a way that is best for the team. With the exception of a few very notable and very enjoyable TT experiences, most of the time the guy joining appears to be an ashat who just gets you killed wasting the resource of the tank.

Communication issues, lag, etc... all effect this. My last team tanking experience was in a StuG III on Orel88 vs 76. Just out of the North bridge we see a T34 coming right at us. As the driver I stopped with the tank facing the target.

I then sat there for 15 seconds listening to the "commander" scream as me to stop and then watched the T34 take us out in two hits.

My next sortie was as a solo tanker which I am dedicated to being now. Only when I have a "proven" crew will I TT.

All the best,

Crumpp

Exactly! I have seen plenty of asshats take a fully manned tank and destroy not only one resource (the tank) but three others (gunner, driver, mger).

This works both ways forks. But most people do not seem to see that side of it. They tend to only push thier own narrow minded agenda as if it were gospel here.

Upvote 0
Comrade Wasabi said:
Would it kill you to take two seconds to look at the name of the person who hops in instead of instantly saying "Get out!"

Exactly!

If there are more than enough tanks at spawn and you decide to jump into my tank anway and see "solo tanker" in my name, that should be a clue.

If folks want to utilize labels in their names for a purpose then let's actually try and read them folks.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0