• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What to expect from UE3 engine.

MILK said:
if you would like to compare than it already happen mod -> full game and imo it did not worked for CS as 3/4 of players still play CS1.6 as well as for RO where we definately see more players than back in mod times...

Well the problem with updating your engine is that players will most likely have to update their systems too, some will, some wont.

The advantage of the old CS is that it can run on a freakin typewriter, and besides that, CSS doesen't really add anything to CS other than graphics, and most of the old CS crowd seems to hate any kind of change (you know, the lads who play de_dust every day all day long, and sit behind the same crate every time).

Upvote 0
I'm sure TW is going for RO2(maybe different name) with UE 3.0. I think in a few posts Alan hinted it, but everything can happen (I hope not).

I think what to expect from UE 3.0 is more on the immersion side, infantry combat will be a lot close to "real" with some heavy work. AND(big one) tanks will have working suspension, very complicated armour penetration, ballistics and tank damaging system, momentum, realistic handling, full 3d interior, and they will be able to crush some objects and maybe parts of buildings.

Let's keep dreaming :D

Upvote 0