• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Dots on stuff

TrentA

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 19, 2006
Georgia USA
I have searched for this and found nothing. I'm having this problem mainly on lyes Krovy, but have seen it elsewhere. Red (sometimes purple or blue) dots appear on stuff, such as wood beams, foliage (especially when you are under them)

I'll try to post some pics when I figure out how to.

I recently did a system recovery on my computer, having to re-install RO (had no problems before) but this was at the same time as the most recent update (Lyes Krovy)

and I updated my graphics driver but it didn't help

TrentA said:
I have searched for this and found nothing. I'm having this problem mainly on lyes Krovy, but have seen it elsewhere. Red (sometimes purple or blue) dots appear on stuff, such as wood beams, foliage (especially when you are under them)

I'll try to post some pics when I figure out how to.

I recently did a system recovery on my computer, having to re-install RO (had no problems before) but this was at the same time as the most recent update (Lyes Krovy)

and I updated my graphics driver but it didn't help

If you upgraded to nVidia 91.31 drivers then you better roll back to 8x.xx series drivers.
The 91.31 drivers are the worst I've seen in years.

Upvote 0
the red dots on the beams seem to be visible at most angles but tend to fade some as you move, and the ones in the trees and bushes only appear when you are basically under them. I also sometimes see a green smoke come from weapons as they are fired.

shot00001ta1.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aye, if on an Nvidia and running the 91.31 drivers, then for all that is good and decent in the world, roll back! thouse drivers shalshed my framerates in half in all my games, and caused all kinds of texture errors in alot of them, absolutely awfull! i have no idea how that one got past quality control..

But if no, well, its definately a texture error, doesen't look like artifacts (though it could be, better check the temp on the vid-card to be sure..), and could possibly have something to do with your settings.

Try this: start the game in practice mode (without any bots), drop down the console, and type "preferences", this will window the game and open a tweak window, browse to the driver section at the bottom of the list, and open the render mode you are using (Probably D3D or D3D-9), and see if changing some of the settings helps you.

Upvote 0
Same problem, no solution yet

Same problem, no solution yet

Hi, TrentA

I have exactly the same problem as the one you described. Can you please give me a clue what did you do in the GPU settings to get it right? I have a Galaxy 7600 GT. Funny thing is, that with my old video (5500 FX) everything was fine - no blue dots, no purple textures, no green smoke...

I also tried different drivers, reinstalled RO... no effect.

Upvote 0