• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When shot in the leg

AceOfSpades

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2005
The movement slowdown when shot in the leg slows you down greatly, even while sprinting. This is really frustrating, especially when trying to melee.

Considering how much punishment the human body can take, and how the brain performs under stress, I doubt a bullet to the leg would incredibly slow a soldier down when the soldier is determined to ignore the pain and rush the opponent with a bayonet or a buttstock.

Perhaps getting shot in the leg should probably make you less stable and get gimpy, but you should still be able to move fast. I know if I was in a battlefield, I wouldn't slow down at a walking pace to wait for the pain to stop, I would ignore it and get to cover or finish the enemy off with melee.

PS: I'm actually talking about grazing effects, not a bullet straight to the bone. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Last edited:
AceOfSpades said:
Considering how much punishment the human body can take, and how the brain performs under stress, I doubt a bullet to the leg would incredibly slow a soldier down when the soldier is determined to ignore the pain and rush the opponent with a bayonet or a buttstock.

LOL! Can I shoot you into leg with 7.62x39 and then you try to bash me with a stick, ok?

Upvote 0
You might be able to run with a bullet in your leg, with a lot of adrenaline and a lot of determination. But there's no way you're going to be sprinting if that bullet severed any tendons or broke any bones, your leg would just give way.

In fact, I'd like to see the opposite done. In RO, if you take damage to a leg, 30 seconds later you can sprint just as well as you could before. I'd like to see players with leg damage moving slower, or perhaps drainnig more stamina when sprinting (unless this is already in?).

Upvote 0
When a rifle bullet hits bone it not only shatters the bone on point of impact, it shatters the bone across its entire length.
Where the bullet hit there will be no solid bone. the rest of the bone is left severely fractured.
Muscle tissue is ripped, burnt and put under severe stress.
Joints are shatterd beond use.
Tendons and Ligaments are broken preventing bone movement.
There is not allways pain, but when there is it is debilitating.

You might be able to keep running for a while if you are shot in the chest, arms stomach or across the jaw.
However, if yopu are hit in the hip, leg or major foot bones you will not be able to run before extensive medical treatment, if at all.

Upvote 0
would be cool if they added some kind of "body awareness" for these occasions where your avatar looks down on himself, touching his wounded leg and stumbles/drops to he ground. kind of like the death animation when you suddenly can see your hands and legs in ragdoll, but now it would be animated.
of course this had to be a quick and short animation, so you arent too vulnerable in that moment (because thats what hits in the legs are for, giving the shooter a second chance and adding to the tensity)

Upvote 0
gonzman said:
He must seriously underestiate the damage a bullet will do tearing through leg and muscle to make that suggestion, It's not just a matter of ignoring pain (good luck) but if the shot was reasonable enough to rip apart tendons bone or muscle theres really no way to even move the leg.
I was thinking about the bullet grazing hte leg when I was making this topic. Didn't make that clear :eek:

If it's possible, RO could differentiate the effects between a bullet grazing your leg and hitting the centre of your leg. Grazing the leg probably wouldn't really do much, but I'm pretty sure hitting the leg in the centre would probably incapacitate you.

Upvote 0
Kurtz said:
My point was that comparing CS to RO is futile, they're completely different games in every way.

The suggestion the author makes would bring the gameplay in RO closer to fast paced FPS like CS.

So ya you are right they are totally different games and it should stay that way. However if suggestions like this were implemented RO would become less different.

Upvote 0