• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

1st thing you should do before even playing

Major Baker

Jun 19, 2006
the first thing you should do is take about 10 minutes and go throught the options and change your controls to your own preferences. this accomplishes 2 things. you are familiar with your controls because presumeably you made them to be the same as all your other shooting games are. and second, it eliminates the questions in game under attack of somone saying how do i lean or some other key like that when they should already know it.

use your brains people

#1 buy new game
#2 install new game
#3 configure all options, controls, video, sound, mouse sensitivity, network connection etc
#4 maybe SP practice at least one full round to familiarize yourself at least a little first?
#5 play online

Seems alot of people skip steps 3 & 4.
I never remember defaults controls because I always change the controls immediately. Whenever someone asks "what key for (insert function)" I have absolutely no idea. I can't even fathom who plays a PC game with it's default control binds.

Upvote 0
Quietus said:
#1 buy new game
#2 install new game
#3 configure all options, controls, video, sound, mouse sensitivity, network connection etc
#4 maybe SP practice at least one full round to familiarize yourself at least a little first?
#5 play online

QFT!

It takes a maximum of 5 minutes to configure the keys to your liking.
But it seems asking is easier then doing and thinking yourself. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Major Baker said:
the first thing you should do is take about 10 minutes and go throught the options and change your controls to your own preferences. this accomplishes 2 things. you are familiar with your controls because presumeably you made them to be the same as all your other shooting games are. and second, it eliminates the questions in game under attack of somone saying how do i lean or some other key like that when they should already know it.

use your brains people

the default setup is the most effective and laid out i think. most people can't stand learning new controls though.

I got a friend who uses the most effed up controls sometimes. He has to switch EVERYTHING before he plays any game.

Upvote 0