• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Who's Chelsea?!

Mormegil

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Nargothrond
This little story might give you Europeans a chuckle (or any non-Americans).

While pulling out of the parking lot (that's "car park" for you Brits), I noticed a couple dozen people at the fence of our University's intramural soccer ("football" to the rest of you non-Americans) field.

I asked out the window, what was going on. The reply I got was "Chelsea is practicing!"

"Ah," I thought, and drove off, wondering who the hell was Chelsea, and why did so many people care if she was practicing? The only famous Chelsea I could think of was Chelsea Clinton, and I didn't think she played soccer.

The next day, I ran into another small crowd on the way to my car on the other side of the field. I asked what was going on.

"Chelsea's practicing" to my blank stare..."Do you know who Chelsea is?" Shook my head. "Only of the greatest soccer team in England!"

Ah, that makes more sense.

So I brought my camera and took a few pictures. Can someone tell me who these players might be?
205989911_0271bb7387_o.jpg

205989903_32eecea2f9_o.jpg

Apparently, they're enjoying Los Angeles, since they can walk down the street without being mobbed, according to people watching. Since most people here have no idea who the hell they are.

Last edited:
Ok where to start chelsea are the curretn champions of the premiership, and i hate them because they buy so many good players and the majority of them go to wast such as the guy with the yellow bib Shaun Wright Philips he should have been in englands squad for the world cup because before he went to chelsea he was awesome but he went to chelsea because he is money greedy and doesnt play on the first team now because there are other players in the same position as him who are better.
The Guy behind Wright Philips is Carvhalio portugese defender ( a nob because he dives ). Not sure who the other bloke is.

In the second pic there are lots of people lol , ill start from the left, Gallas i think, then Essien, Carvhalio in front of him , then Wright Philips, then that number 20 guy who i cant remember his name and behind him is franky Lampard.

Trust me there is a chant in the premiership that Goes lik : SAME OLD CHELSEA ALWAYS CHEATING, because 75 % of there players dive about the pitch and are a bunch of money greedy sell outs.

Upvote 0
Second picture: the guy on the far left looks a lot like Jon obi Mikel to me, I only know him because there were like 300 firstpage articles about him in the media here the last couple of years, as he illegally/legally(depending on who you believe) fled his Norwegian club to join manchester united. Apparantly some african managers and players use smaller clubs (like norwegian ones) as some sort of middlemen/talent scouts to get into the european soccer player market, then large clubs see them play and they get contracts

Upvote 0
i am a fulham fan who are another football club from london and i can tell you that chelsea are my least favourite team as my ex girlfriend supports them but that aside they are full of ****e cos everytime a player goes there they say some crap like "i have always loved chelsea and wanted to be part of the team" which loosely translates as "they offered me

Upvote 0
SOAD football is some peoples life, i love it alot and i really do hate Chelsea with a passion not just because they beat others and my team its jut the fact that they buy too many players and most go to waste, they also all dive about the floor practically, its sick to watch them sometimes, football hooliganism rules! I cant wait for the season to start..

Upvote 0
El Cid said:
If you hear of a chick called Valencia don't be surprised when it's just a bunch of italians.
Or oranges? =)

My wife's a big fan of Vasco. Me, I never figured out why people like soccer/futebol/football over rugby, which at least has more violence.

From the comments here, it sounds as if maybe Chelsea is the New York Yankees of soccer. Same general kind of deal with inflated salaries/buying the team, same widespread hatred among fans of other teams for that reason ...

Upvote 0