• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For Poeple That Can't Start the Game - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
New player with a problem

New player with a problem

Hello Comrades! I recently purchased this game and have only been able to play it once and when I quit out of the game it caused my computer to crashed and now I can not launch the game. It shows me what guess is called a splash screen and then this pops up:
Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3203 MHz with 1022MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 (6684)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::StaticAllocateObject <- (Package None) <- UObject::CreatePackage <- UObject::ResolveName <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Sound None..Headshot NULL) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CinematicPlayer ROintro.CinematicPlayer, Function UnrealGame.UnrealPlayer.PostBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (CinematicPlayer) <- UObject::processEvent <- (CinematicGame ROintro.CinematicGame, Function Engine.GameInfo.Login) <- ULevel::SpawnPlayActor <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

I am not sure if this problem has been posted already and solved by others so I am very sorry for this post if that is true. However I would greatly appreciate it if someone were to tell me the solution to this problem so I can enjoy this incredibly realistic and exciting game. If not I would like it if someone were to point me in the direction of someone who could help me. Thank you all for your time and once again I apoligize if this problem has already been posted by others.

Upvote 0
solutions to this error?

solutions to this error?

Ive just installed the trial version from steam, and get the following error right after the splash screen:

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2803 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: No Video

Can't find file for package 'D3D9Drv'

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

I have tried deleting the 2 .ini files, but they have not provided any solution. Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Help!

Help!

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2011 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON X600 Series (6618)

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR). Please delete your RedOrchestra.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

I've deleted the file and the problem persists, initially the game loaded in a window ie 640X... but when I went to maximise screen that happened. And since then its been starting with that error and closing ..
.I really want to play the game this week, as it will decide whether I fork out the money for it or not!

Upvote 0
I downloaded the trail version at Steam and got the following error:

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1599 MHz with 510MB RAM
Video: No Video
Direct3DCreate8 failed.
History: CreateDirect3D <- UD3D9RenderDevice::Init <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 8410170C 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

I followed the two indicated steps (deleting the two .ini files and the verification of the cache), but that did not work. I've got a 64 Mb video card, which is not much, but according to the minimum requirements it should work at least. Any suggestions to fix this problem, or is the videocard not capable of handling this game?

Attachments

• minidump-v3339.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I changed the 'D3D9' and the now the video is found, though I get the following bug report.

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1599 MHz with 510MB RAM
Video: Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller (4363)

Failed to enter xd: Can't find file 'xd'
History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 8410170C 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1538 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9700 PRO (6599)
Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file for package 'Inf_Weapons_Foley_3rd'
History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free
I think my problem is with Steam not completely loading the game onto my computer. I've had a lot of that start/stopping of downloads/updates. Whenever it says it's done and ready to play, usually if I do a cache-validity check, it will start updating or downloading. I've had this problem before with some game, but I don't remember which one - maybe HL2, CS-S, Garry's Mod. Seems like I just left it alone and eventually after a few days or something, I was able to finally play the game. I don't really have a few days with this RO trial. I've done a lot of reading in these forums - tried a lot of things. I've read a lot of the Steam Support information too, and tried a lot of those things.

My specs:
ECS K7S5A motherboard
AMD Athlon XP 1800+
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
1024 MB PC2700 DDR
Sound Blaster Audigy I Platinum
Western Digital EIDE 320GB 7200RPM ATA133

Attachments

• RO_logs.zip
    18.5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
RO, Steam, Cache & Download-Problem

RO, Steam, Cache & Download-Problem

Hi,
I purchased(just before the trialperiod startet) RO via Steam some days ago and was able to play.
After getting comfortable with everything I tried Multiplayer and forgot about ZL so my PC crashed and needed a reset. After that, Steam would not let me load the game, trying to revalidate the files, which does NOTHING at all!
Steam-Support told me to delete RO from my steamapps folder, wich didn't help too, telling them about this didn't get me any reaction.
So for now I just want to play the game, maybe anyone here has some ideas?
thx in advance
b91

Upvote 0
Just to clarify, the RO load screen doesn't come up when you try and play now at all?.

I suggest trying the following.

Delete all RO content from your system. All of it.
Get a program like Crap Cleaner and tell it to remove old prefetch data and registry data (and other junk you don't want)
Do a clean install of RO.

Upvote 0
have next problem.

RO works fine in training(single mod). i can try all map and all works fine. but, when i try connect to internet, on server, i stuck in black screen with this message: F10 to cancel..load ip:bla bla/.rom ...and game not respond any more.

any suggestions? thx

steam works fine..i buy RO..update files..check files and all is fine..

hmm hmm

Upvote 0
so you get the infinite connection bug? Or does the game actually freeze.

If it is the infinite connection bug make a copy of your steam.dll from your base steam folder and drop it into the RO/System folder over writing the one there.

If your game is freezing, some third party software is blocking the connection.

Once ingame hit alt and enter to pop into windows mode and look to see what might be causing it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.