• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Panzerfaust was NOT reloadable

Harry S. Truman said:
What the hell are you going on about? :confused: They're not reloadable in the game either. You can carry three of them.

Did you even read the post? The whole point is you can't carry 3 of them and an MP40 unless you're Hercules. The only way to get 3 shots would be to reload, since they weigh 7kg each.
Maybe you should read a little before sounding off like that.:D

Upvote 0
FYI, the average load carried into combat by most soldiers is 60-80 pounds of gear. Since our in-game combatants are missing their packs and shelters and such means they can carry far more in the way of weapons. Somewhere I've seen a photo of a German soldier carring 2 panzerfausts on slings, with his Kar.98k in his hands. Can't find it online, must be in one of the reference books I have in storage.

Upvote 0
Maschine Pistole-38 said:
Thus why a Panzerfaust can't do its full damage because the way it does damage in game is not coded in! It would seem silly to have one Panzerfaust explode a tank when it never did that in real life. So because of that we carry three and they do less damage, but MORE damage if you hit them in critical areas.
Yeah... So, I read about firearms. I once read that when you get a bullet in your head you don't die mainly because your brains get blown off, you die because veins cannot endure the pressure and explode. Since this cannot be realistically represented in-game because it's not coded in should we so remove or dramatically lower the damage dealt by headshots? Similar thing for belly-shots. A person hit in the guts is generally able to survive for hours, if other vital organs aren't hit. So, let's lower the damage regarding the belly area. The same argument can fit for any other incapacitating injury.

I know it's a game, so we cannot achieve TOTAL REALISM by any means (and probably no one will for the next 50 or more years), but we should so look for tactical realism. Now, German ATs were generally issued with no more than a single Panzerfaust (Unless maybe until the final stages of war), which was generally able to take out (disable and\or kill its crew) any Soviet tank of the time it penetrated from the front, side, rear or top aswell. Again, YES for realistic German AT weapons and class loadouts.

-

Then please, stop suggesting people to "if you don't like the game, go write a mutator". It doesn't help anyone, since not everyone can actually do so or has the time to do so. This is the "Ideas and Suggestions" section of the forum, if you didn't notice, and we are trying to suggest ways for RO to improve and finally become the near-simulation it should have been in the first place.

Upvote 0
Neuromante said:
Yeah... So, I read about firearms. I once read that when you get a bullet in your head you don't die mainly because your brains get blown off, you die because veins cannot endure the pressure and explode. Since this cannot be realistically represented in-game because it's not coded in should we so remove or dramatically lower the damage dealt by headshots? Similar thing for belly-shots. A person hit in the guts is generally able to survive for hours, if other vital organs aren't hit. So, let's lower the damage regarding the belly area. The same argument can fit for any other incapacitating injury.

Yeah real great analogy there :rolleyes:

I know it's a game, so we cannot achieve TOTAL REALISM by any means (and probably no one will for the next 50 or more years), but we should so look for tactical realism. Now, German ATs were generally issued with no more than a single Panzerfaust (Unless maybe until the final stages of war), which was generally able to take out (disable and\or kill its crew) any Soviet tank of the time it penetrated from the front, side, rear or top aswell. Again, YES for realistic German AT weapons and class loadouts.

No need to explain my self further on this matter, you carry three because the damage it does isn't relfected well in the game. That isn't to say you can't get a one-hit KO if you hit ammo storage or the engine.

Then please, stop suggesting people to "if you don't like the game, go write a mutator". It doesn't help anyone, since not everyone can actually do so or has the time to do so. This is the "Ideas and Suggestions" section of the forum, if you didn't notice, and we are trying to suggest ways for RO to improve and finally become the near-simulation it should have been in the first place.

This is the Ideas and Suggestion board, but a lot of people here get the misconception of 'Well since I posted this why doesn't someone from the Dev team respond' etc etc.

If you want results from your suggestions then make a mutator, but if you want it as apart of the offical game then you will have to wait. No one know's at this point what the team intends on adding in the future, they might just drop this project and focus 100% on their Ue3 title.

But saying 'fix it now because I said so' isn't gonna get results. Especically if you don't want to put in the time to learn the RO SDK and make a mutator. (This is more of a response to threads I have seen in general over the past few weeks, so don't flip out if you think this was directed at only this thread.)

Upvote 0
1. panzerfausts are not represented realistically in the game
2. everything else doesnt matter because the panzerfausts are not realistic
------
1. panzerfausts were a squad weapon, distributed along the squad. 1 per every 3 men.
2. panzerfaust penetrated 200mm of armor, almost always single-shot kills because the crew would bail immediately(the surviving ones)
3. panzerfaust carriers were regular soldiers carrying regular weapons, not specialized classes
4. a specialized AT crew could carry 2 panzerfausts, perfectly doable, they could use slings(hypotethically i dont have real world data for this)

Regarding the unrealistic representation:
Tanks in the game are completely worthless and nobody gives a damn about them, thus making the game completely unrealistic therefore all claims about the panzerfaust being excessive are rendered null, since the entire game is unrealistic by this basic principle.

BTW, the panzerfaust in the game is the panzerfaust60.

Upvote 0
I completely agree that Fausts should NOT be given to the Anti-tank class. They should be picked up at ammo locations. And you should really only be allowed to carry one at a time.

For those who say that the Faust is underperforming in game... well... try harder. The ONLY time I don't get 1 shot kills with them is if the angle I'm using is VERY bad.

It's easier to get 1 shot kills with the Faust than with any other AT weapon in the game. IMHO, it's quite powerful enough.

Upvote 0
thedonster said:
So, fix the panzerfaust, like I said. Even if it means making it more powerful you should still get only one.
Nobody could run around a battlefield carrying three of these things and an SMG. It's ridiculous. Why not give the Soviet antitank soldiers an SMG too if that's the case?
Nobody? What, I have seen fellow conscript running with 4 AT-mines, 3 KES88 (light AT-rocket, equal to panzerfaust in size and weight) and assault rifle, not to forget that he had also battlevest. - well, actually he was not running at full speed but faster than walking :D

Upvote 0
Phoenix-D said:
A tank doesn't have to explode to be destroyed. I'd call an on-fire tank "destroyed" myself. ;)

RO just makes the tanks explode when killed to get them off the field.

One good fart inside those buggers renders it useless, untill the crew are brave enough to re-enter it.
The empty tanks in RO are caused by this, the Devs simply pop a lit ciggy in there to remove them from game ( it saves them getting in to drive them away).

I bet sauerkraut and brokwurst made some wonderfull wartime whiffs!

While I'm on the subject how about a nervous squeeky fart sound played inside the tank after an enemy round bounces off. hehehehe oh the realism of a crew shouting "Welche schmutzige bummeln farted?" as they leap for freedom.:D

Upvote 0
thedonster said:
This stuff about how tanks blow up is missing the point.
The point is, a German antitank soldier had one shot, with a real chance at destroying a tank. But only ONE. The notion of a single guy running around with four seperate weapons is stupid, and not found anywhere else in RO.

Actually I've seen pictures and have them in my books of German soldiers carrying 2 or 3 fausts on their back in a special harnest. Along with a K98 or a MP40 or a STG44. So it is realistic, I can scan those pictures in and post them when I get home.

Well how about adding the Panzershreck then which is reloadable. Have a soldier carry the panzershreck, along with 2 or 3 extra rounds. They were a lot smaller to carry. This is hypothetical however, and alternative...

In the current situation, a soldier carrying 3 fausts is realistic and did happen, enough said.

Upvote 0
Panzer Meyer said:
Actually I've seen pictures and have them in my books of German soldiers carrying 2 or 3 fausts on their back in a special harnest. Along with a K98 or a MP40 or a STG44.

In the current situation, a soldier carrying 3 fausts is realistic and did happen, enough said.

Sure, and I've seen pics of a guy trudging around carring a mortar baseplate too. It doesn't mean he operated that way in combat. He was likely carring the supply for his whole squad.
Just imagine carrying 3 four foot long tubes weighing 45 lbs. plus an MP40 and ammo plus your other personal gear. You wouldn't be running very far, or diving for cover, etc. How long would it take to get the panzerfaust out of the sling and use it? Your pictures are of guys functioning as human pack mules, which happened constantly, but not during an attack.

Upvote 0
thedonster said:
Sure, and I've seen pics of a guy trudging around carring a mortar baseplate too. It doesn't mean he operated that way in combat. He was likely carring the supply for his whole squad.
Just imagine carrying 3 four foot long tubes weighing 45 lbs. plus an MP40 and ammo plus your other personal gear. You wouldn't be running very far, or diving for cover, etc. How long would it take to get the panzerfaust out of the sling and use it? Your pictures are of guys functioning as human pack mules, which happened constantly, but not during an attack.

I understand, but I was countering the argument that no soldier ever carried more than 1 faust. So I was saying that is a lie, because they did carry more at time. And actually we have no way of knowing if they did or not carry more than 1 into battle other than through books.

And from what I've read (now reading The history of the 12th SS vol.1) there are passage which talk about soldiers having more than one faust on hand. So either a buddy or the soldier himself had more than one. They were not that heavy, when in combat, I doubt they wore all of their standard issued gear.

From a book called Close Combat I remember reading where the author talks about stripping all his equipment off except the bare essentials. Weapon + ammo shrotly before and during combat. So it is highly plausible that a soldier would be able to carry more than 1 panzerfaust into battle.

I do however agree, that it would take more than 1 second to ready the weapon. Which is how about how long it takes now in RO. I would agree a delay to reading another faust is needed. Maybe 2-2.5 seconds. If you think about it, probably wouldn't take too long.

Throw the used faust down, and unsling the other one. How long does it take you to unsling your rifle when you need it fast? Not too long, not more than 5 seconds thats for sure.

Upvote 0
Panzer Meyer said:

Yes. But how frequently you'd find a single soldier issued with 3 PanzerFausts per time? I think they were mostly seen in the last months of war. I'm all for AT soldiers carrying 3 fausts in maps like Konigsplatz, but what about Arad or Hedgehog?

And then, how would the three-fausted soldier be balanced in some maps, if the fausts were more realistically deadly?

Upvote 0
Neuromante said:
Yes. But how frequently you'd find a single soldier issued with 3 PanzerFausts per time? I think they were mostly seen in the last months of war. I'm all for AT soldiers carrying 3 fausts in maps like Konigsplatz, but what about Arad or Hedgehog?

And then, how would the three-fausted soldier be balanced in some maps, if the fausts were more realistically deadly?
This is up to the mapper to decide. The mapper determines the classes, how many classes per side, who gets grenades and who doesn't and so on.

So it would be up to a mapper when he makes a map to decide, "The Germans will only recieve panzerfaust via supply points which will spawn every 60 seconds per panzerfaust".

Imho, the way it is now on most maps is fine and it works. It is balanced, the people I see complaining about the fausts are the tankers getting blown up by them all the time. At least on servers this is so.

My only response is, get your infantry to cover you, as happened in real life. Without infantry cover, in an urban enviorenment, tanks are easy prey. One only has to look at statistics, enough said. The only way to counter this is to have your infantry cover you while you advance through closed in spaces.

Upvote 0
Panzer Meyer said:
This is up to the mapper to decide. The mapper determines the classes, how many classes per side, who gets grenades and who doesn't and so on.
So it would be up to a mapper when he makes a map to decide, "The Germans will only recieve panzerfaust via supply points which will spawn every 60 seconds per panzerfaust".
Imho, the way it is now on most maps is fine and it works. It is balanced, the people I see complaining about the fausts are the tankers getting blown up by them all the time. At least on servers this is so.
My only response is, get your infantry to cover you, as happened in real life. Without infantry cover, in an urban enviorenment, tanks are easy prey. One only has to look at statistics, enough said. The only way to counter this is to have your infantry cover you while you advance through closed in spaces.

yeah, I'll wave that magic wand, you know the one that makes the infantry on a public server act as team. yeah, that one. :cool:

fact of the matter is there are way too many fausts around. additionally, the ability to carry 3 is absurd. the OP is right on the mark, on per customer.

Upvote 0