• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ATTN: Server Admins

[CiA]Stiletto

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
OK, this is just getting out of hand. I was playing on the RGN (and the RO Dev) server yesterday, and I was getting booted on one TK.

Especially on a trench map where there are going to be a lot of grenades flying around, and especially with smoke grenades causing us to fire on friendlies thinking they're enemies, this is kind of nuts.

I know TKMutator (the one where you can forgive TKers with a simple "np") is out for ROOST. Is it actually causing instabilities, or is it just not widely circulated yet?

The TK autokick doesn't always work. I've seen major smacks come into a server and get something like -50 before being booted, only to return instantly and do it all over again. Other people get kicked at 1 tk. It's odd, and doesn't seem entirely consistent, though that may be the smack in question spoofing the system.

Upvote 0
If I recall correctly, back in the mod days there was something up with FF damage. It is an admin setting that can get borked.

I will try to explain what I mean, but might sound stupid as I often do. Someone please finish what I am saying, I feel like losing my thoughts right now.

There is FF Damage and a FF Limit. If you threw a nade and killed one mate but injured others, and the ffdamage limit is set low, it can cause a kick. If I also remember correctly, you can set these limits higher or lower for grenades, arty and fire.

My advice to anyone tking with nades, dont throw them. Some server admins do not like blind nade throwing, as a Player. it is my pet peave. If you arent sure, be patient and shoot the bastard.

Upvote 0
Valac said:
My advice to anyone tking with nades, dont throw them. Some server admins do not like blind nade throwing, as a Player. it is my pet peave. If you arent sure, be patient and shoot the bastard.

Best policy! I only chuck them when I know there are bad dudes needing cleared out where I'm landing them, otherwise shoot things instead :)

Yesterday on the dev server myself and another were capping the comm. bunker and someone on our team chucked a nade in and killed off 3 of us, losing the cap point for us and basically losing the match. Ouch. We weren't a happy bunch to say the least.

Now I think smoke nades are my new pet peeve, they're getting chucked around liberally it seems :D

Upvote 0
Valac, I understand what you're saying and we all thought that was what it was back after release, but I'm afraid that it's nothing to do with that. I think there's a very real bug and it's linked to a player's score. The higher your score, the less tk's you can have before you get kicked. Without intending to sound arrogant, I am constantly being kicked for a single TK when I'm leading the scores. Almost always it will be for a single rifle bullet, an accident caused by low lighting, long distance or a reflex gone wrong. Magically though, the players on a score of 3 can happily satchel 6 people and NOT be kicked for it. I've been keeping a close eye on it over the last month or so and I'm fairly certain I'm on the right track. I can TK with a low-ish score and get away with it, 2 or sometimes 3 times before I get booted. By that stage of course, my score's up, so I get booted simply for the size of my score. If I'm sitting on anything over about 50 though, regardless of whether I've so much as injured a team-mate in the last 5 hours, a single TK will see me staring at the server selection screen.

I would really appreciate it if you testers could look into this if you get a spare moment, as it's one of the most frustrating, yet understated bugs in the game right now. Cheers. :)

Upvote 0
The_CookI'm suprised I have not run into a ban script yet, cause that's what RO really needs. after being kicked x amount of times the ip get's banned

Its obvious that you are not that technical and/or understand how the Internet and TCPIP works.

Most of us, like myself use a thing called DHCP.

In effect my DHCP leases can last up to 24 hours, but I can circumvent that by resetting my DSL modem or pulling the power plug.

Also when you are on a shared subnet (IE Internet cafe), that uses a single public ip address (this is called NAT network address translation). Not only do ban a single player, but all of the them.

The best way is ban by steam id, it used to be called WON id in the pre-steam valve days.
It was very effective believe me i know, I had to go and buy a new CS key.

Those damn CS ogc.dll aimbot/wallhacks hooks were so addictive back in the day, it used to be a war of the hacks on aussie servers.

But just to set the record straight, my hax0r days are long behind me. we are talking years here pre CS 1.5

Upvote 0