• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What if Germany won WW2......

DraKon2k said:
That doesn't mean that we aren't allowed to discuss it. Also that thread just turned into a massive flamewar because of your and BuddyLee's unrespectful behaviour. And FFS, just because you won the war you're not like something better.

It already turns out that most of the americans/brits here already want to destroy the thread, so please just let it go and don't be an ass, so this thread won't get closed as well.^

Anyways - I'm wondering how they could've "won" the war. They could've gotten the SU to surrender and maybe invaded GB(what I rather doubt), or they just "defeated" the SU and then made peace with the allies.

Who said we wanted to destroy the thread??!! we have just both stated that germany did not win the war and thus there is no point in discussing it any further to be honest and even if they did invade GB they would never have conquered to whole island.;)

So while we are at lets talk about other what would have happened if such and such did this and that, oh here's a good one, What would have happened if i didnt post this post????!!! :eek:

Upvote 0
ibtl.jpg

Upvote 0
King Ragnar said:
Who said we wanted to destroy the thread??!! we have just both stated that germany did not win the war and thus there is no point in discussing it
Eh?

King Ragnar said:
any further to be honest and even if they did invade GB they would never have conquered to whole island.;)
How can you be so sure?

Upvote 0
DraKon2k said:
That doesn't mean that we aren't allowed to discuss it. Also that thread just turned into a massive flamewar because of your and BuddyLee's unrespectful behaviour. And FFS, just because you won the war you're not like something better.

It already turns out that most of the americans/brits here already want to destroy the thread, so please just let it go and don't be an ass, so this thread won't get closed as well.^

Anyways - I'm wondering how they could've "won" the war. They could've gotten the SU to surrender and maybe invaded GB(what I rather doubt), or they just "defeated" the SU and then made peace with the allies.
No i think your kraut friends said something first like
"Audie Murphy was a nOOb like all so-called Amercan "War Heros" so this is for you.

stfu1.gif

Besides, Germany had already scared off all the real intelligent people in Germany... the Jews. :D Then they helped us develop the Atom Bomb. FTW!!!

Upvote 0
BuddyLee said:
No i think your kraut friends said something first like
"Audie Murphy was a nOOb like all so-called Amercan "War Heros" so this is for you.

Besides, Germany had already scared off all the real intelligent people in Germany... the Jews. :D Then they helped us develop the Atom Bomb. FTW!!!
See your PM's for your warning. You're stepping over the line repeatedly and that just doesn't fly here.

Upvote 0
Wolfstuka said:
someone mentioned that we wouldnt have gotten to the moon in 69 well maybe but i believe that the nazis or was it Braun idk actually were planning to eventually go to the moon and had all the scientists not been split up and such humans might have got there earlier.....

I did and I do not think we would have made it by 1969. The Nazis may have liked to allow scientists to work on things, but they only let them work on things that advanced the German war effort. Going to the moon was not their goal.

The United States and the Soviet Union were extremely wealthy, and powerful after WWII. They were also in direct competition. Nothing accelerates progress like direct competition and war. The United States main reason to get to the moon was to beat the Russians there. To say that capitalism was superior and so was the United States. If it had been for science they would have continued to go there and not quit by the mid seventies.

The only thing the German scientists had going for them was the war. If the Germans had won those same scientists who sent us to the moon would not have had the budget of a superpower behind them. Germany would have had to rebuild. They would not have had the surplus funds to take on such a task.

Upvote 0
DraKon2k said:
Two questions:

1) Did any major country during WW2 have equal weapons like the V2 Rockets?
2) Did the germans have any rockets which could be equipped with a nuclear warhead? Or did I just play too much Hearts of Iron 2 Doomsday? :D
The V2 was a brilliant weapon, although it was short range.

I think the b-29 was a much better bombing platform, and it did carry A-Bombs further than the V2 could with a much larger payload.

Upvote 0
I would say the V2 did affect Allied Strategy,due to the fact they were falling on Antwerp (supply port) and then London/South Coast ,the guidance systems being poor made them 'terror' weapons ,if they were more accurate they would have been devastating.

The pressure was on Monty in particular to stop the V weapons by capturing the land they were being fired from,the maximun range of the V2 being about 300km,basically they could hit London from most of Holland etc..

There were also plans to use V2's launched from a surfaced submarine at targets in the US.

Upvote 0
(I have not read the whole thread)

In Operation Spring-awakening the Germans employed Infrared Night Vision equipment in greatest numbers during a ww2 Operation.

It is March 1945, and there are German Panther G's that were equiped with Sperbers aka Night Visions.
PantherG-3%20NachtsichtSperberFG1250.jpg

Now, to me this is an unbelievable achievment. Truely futuristi if we imagine looking from the eyes of a, lets say, ordinary Heer soldier
The late war German army DEFINeTLY set the base for Future armies.

If they would've won, technology would've advanced much faster.
Knowledge,money and manpower.

Upvote 0