• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Major prob w/ LyesKrovy - Forest Sniper

Doolittle

Mar 15, 2006
The new map, LyesKrovy, is great. It has one flaw though - a Russian sniper can go around the forest to the top side of the hill & shoot down at the Germans with such ease it's ridiculous. Half the time they don't even know the sniper is up there.

Please, please make that area a minefield!! This map works best when everyone is moving around in the trenches.

Doolittle

There is a spot on this map where the Russians, after their spawn moves up, can get out of the trenches but the Germans can not. I caused no end of problems leaving the trenches and coming up behind the German defenders. Since you have free reign to move anywhere outside the area it does give you a huge advantage. The trenches are so hard to see out of, it's either very difficult or impossible for the Germans to either see or counter a Russian player doing this.

I'm not sure this was intended by the SasQuatch. It seems that after the Russian spawn moves up, all the combat is supposed to be in the trench system. Only he can answer that though.

Upvote 0
Well I mention this great sniper spot in the woods because *I* was SLAUGHTERING every German in site & I really felt sorry for the guys.

I didn't die at all & it was almost impossible for them to shoot back at me.

I pretty much stopped the whole German team from advancing 'cause I was sniping everyone that went down this one trench that's infront of their MG hill.

I think this map spot should be remove (mined).

Doolittle

Upvote 0
Getting out the trenches is not wanted by the devs, but there is simply no way to know all the spots you can get out of. The community will always find a way, time would be better spent on other maps. Though having a minefield in certain highly abusable spots is certainly easier than fixing all the places you can get out of the trenches. But it can only really be considered "abusable" you are invincible in that spot or can see through parts of the map. So unless its one of those, it will be considered fair game. Also, that team should have thrown a smoke instead of just charging into the sniper's view over and over again, so its more of a teamwork problem than a map problem.

Upvote 0
There are several places where the Germans can get out of the trenches, including one very near their rear spawn. If an Allied sniper is giving you problems, shoot them, take position on the same hill and give them a taste of their own medicine. A good German rifleman can cause just as many problems for the allied approach.

Upvote 0
Sichartshofen said:
Give Germans a sniper. Problem solved.

Or
- Stop being a moron and flank the russian sniper.
- Blind the russian sniper with smoke.
- Throw grenades at him.
- Machinegun the bastard.
- Look for his muzzle flash and then shoot at it.

All you have to do is use your head.

So, by using our heads, lets see what we can come up with:

There are trenches and bunkers, indicating that this is a fortified location. Russians getting behind that fortified position this easy- which was put in place to STOP russians getting through - means that fortified position was a humongous waste of time to be built in the first place. Why attack a fortified location such as this if you can just go around? See the bigger picture here?

I said it once and I will say it again:
Stop fiddling as well as finding workarounds for the SYMPTOMS and start recognizing the CAUSE as well as the bigger picture / setting etc. !

So minefields back there would be peachy...

Upvote 0
vr6r said:
There are several places where the Germans can get out of the trenches, including one very near their rear spawn. If an Allied sniper is giving you problems, shoot them, take position on the same hill and give them a taste of their own medicine. A good German rifleman can cause just as many problems for the allied approach.

That's news to me. I've looked all over the place back there.

Upvote 0