• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Blood, Gore, Fire, First Person and Vehicles

Xiao

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 22, 2006
Some suggestions I would really like to see.

- Allow soldiers to be blown in half (across the beltloop), and create two seperate ragdolls for them (one of the ragdolls, such as the legs could even be almost completely destroyed), similar to the arm and leg effects. Make this happen with a very good grenade toss, or an airstrike.

- Make the normal blood better. When you shoot someone, a hardly noticable puff comes up. If you do notice it, it looks dumb. Change it to a partical spray ala Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, SMOD, Dark Messiah, etc.

- Allow soldiers to be set on fire. I'm not sure how, but it will probably have something to do with tank explosions. If you're set on fire, your weapon is auto dropped and an animation of you flailing your arms in front of you plays (Make the camera bobble a lot too) and a few seconds later your character dies as you watch the first-person deathcam. You could even be able to run while on fire (but not fight obviously)

- This is a big one, and while I don't think it will happen, when I ask most people playing the game about it they say they'd pay money for it if it was in an expansion pack. Basically, Dark Messiah's full-body awareness system. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out the videos. Basically, when you look down you can see your whole body. Sholders, chest, feet, etc. Also I would like to see a lot more of the character's arms and sholders in the animations. When you run without a gun, wouldn't it be cooler to see your arms then just...nothing? Also I don't think it would be terribly difficult, just attach the third person animations from the head below to the first person camera and voila.

- Better vehicle entering / exiting animations. Create a third and first person animation of you watching yourself enter the vehicle (WITH ARMS, not just a floating ghost)

- When you're driving a vehicle, you should be able to look down and see your body and arms driving it, rather then just nothing on the seat and the wheel moving itself. (This is also part of the previously mentioned self awareness)

Xiao said:
- This is a big one, and while I don't think it will happen, when I ask most people playing the game about it they say they'd pay money for it if it was in an expansion pack. Basically, Dark Messiah's full-body awareness system. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out the videos. Basically, when you look down you can see your whole body. Sholders, chest, feet, etc. Also I would like to see a lot more of the character's arms and sholders in the animations. When you run without a gun, wouldn't it be cooler to see your arms then just...nothing? Also I don't think it would be terribly difficult, just attach the third person animations from the head below to the first person camera and voila.

i know what you mean, and some games i know, have that (ofp, the bigest so far).

But do you know ANY way to introduce that, without ... realy sh*** ... sorry, ugly, looking weapon animations in first person view ? No game i know so far, is doing it as good like RO with first person animation from weapons. I woud not want to give that up, for nothing, not even such a thrid-first person animation.

Upvote 0
jedinstven-o crni Wuk said:
i know what you mean, and some games i know, have that (ofp, the bigest so far).

But do you know ANY way to introduce that, without ... realy sh*** ... sorry, ugly, looking weapon animations in first person view ? No game i know so far, is doing it as good like RO with first person animation from weapons. I woud not want to give that up, for nothing, not even such a thrid-first person animation.

Um... Dark Messiah.

Also DNation, I agree, that was a very stupid thing to say, but alas, I was in a hurry and I wasn't really thinking too much about the quality of the writing. I was thinking more about the general point.

But I disgress.

Upvote 0
Blood doesnt "spray" in real life (unless of course you put a .50 cal round in someones head, but then its more of an explosion:p:eek: ). The entrance wound for a bullet is small (though the exit wound is usually reletively big, its still doesnt spray). I know this from Primary sources (family members) that have been in combat. If anything, we need more bleeding.

Also, the only thing ive ever heard about a type of "spray", was when the bullet hits someone, it kicks up the dust thats on their clothing. But this is just speculative since ive only heard if from other people on forums.

Upvote 0
Arterial spray MAYBE. But the spraying of blood you see on CSI is almost always arterial spray and is the result of a gash across one of the most powerful arteries; even the brachial artery doesn't spray a helluva lot. It bleeds like crazy, but not a lot of spray.

In fact, unless there is a large amount of pressure being applied to the bloodstream FORCING it out, then it would simply bleed, not spray.

Explosions, now that's different. :p

Upvote 0
i like this fire idea ^^
for OFP there is a mod called The Enhanced Configuration, or ECP mod. it added better explosions ( not that RO would need that) 3d craters from the explosions instead of textures, and sometimes, if hit in the right spot so the crew would not die immediately, burning crew members got out, ran around burning screaming their lungs out, till i ended their lifes with a bullet:D the first time i saw that in action, i got into OFP again :D there was this truck full of enemy soldiers driving towards me, i got my RPG launcher, blew it up, saw it lie in this 3d crater, burning, huge smokeclouds, and in the back most of the surviving infantry started screaming and running around, it was total chaos ^^

also, i would like to see puddles of blood form under dead men, they could disappear together with the body, instead of the sprinkles we have now:D
also, more gore can never hurt IMO. hell, let me gut people:p or more textures for blown up people:eek: not that the current one ever missed its purpose, cuz i still find it gruesome:p

also, in OFP you could see your body yeah, but remember the reloading animations, or pretty much all of the animations:D i didnt mind though, i was searching the battlefield for more enemies to kill while reloading anyway:p

Upvote 0
Berentzen said:
does this exsist sic disaster? where can i get it??hmm?

it was usually on www.ofpec.com but that site went down and lost all their resources so they dont have it any more.
you'd have to do a search on google on operation flashpoint enhanced or OFP ECP or something like that.
it can be downloaded in a full install, or the core and 3 separate parts for it, wich are in the full install: radio chatter in vehicles, random chatter for men, so they start saying stuff in certain situations ( they've got armor! ) and something else i cant remember:p
but it is there, requires OFP Resistance 1.96 though

also, ECP added bloodsprays, i forgot :p

Upvote 0
Xiao said:
Some suggestions I would really like to see.

- Allow soldiers to be blown in half (across the beltloop), and create two seperate ragdolls for them (one of the ragdolls, such as the legs could even be almost completely destroyed), similar to the arm and leg effects. Make this happen with a very good grenade toss, or an airstrike.

- Make the normal blood better. When you shoot someone, a hardly noticable puff comes up. If you do notice it, it looks dumb. Change it to a partical spray ala Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, SMOD, Dark Messiah, etc.

- Allow soldiers to be set on fire. I'm not sure how, but it will probably have something to do with tank explosions. If you're set on fire, your weapon is auto dropped and an animation of you flailing your arms in front of you plays (Make the camera bobble a lot too) and a few seconds later your character dies as you watch the first-person deathcam. You could even be able to run while on fire (but not fight obviously)

- Better vehicle entering / exiting animations. Create a third and first person animation of you watching yourself enter the vehicle (WITH ARMS, not just a floating ghost)

- When you're driving a vehicle, you should be able to look down and see your body and arms driving it, rather then just nothing on the seat and the wheel moving itself. (This is also part of the previously mentioned self awareness)

What kinda of sadistic blood thirsty person is really interested in seeing mutilated corpses and bodies blown to pieces? If you want true atmosphere , hang a pound of hamburger in the sun for about 3 weeks then duct tape it to your monitor. The smell of decaying meat should fulfill your requirements.

As far as the animations go..there I agree.

Upvote 0
lol i like gore, try watching cradle of fear:D that movie isnt 18 because of sex, but because of the extreme violence in that movie.
with the birth of some demonic hellspawn ( wich causes the girl's stomach to explode pretty much ) you really dont want to finish that hamburger we were eating during that scene:D i love gore:p the more the merrier, give me shining guts with physics ! :p

Upvote 0