• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I love this game but...

I'm terrified that the flood of newbies will drown out the realism and authenticity.

Just about every game I've loved gets "tweaked" and "balanced" to the point of ruination. Newbies will constantly cry about the realism being "too hard" "too real" "too" whatever and ask that the developer make it more fair/fun/balanced/whatever. They'll cry about grenade spamming, impenetrable armor, overly powerful guns, etc etc ad infinitum.

Tripwire guys,
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GAMING AND ALL THAT IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD DON'T LISTEN TO THOSE PEOPLE!

Please pleasepleaspleaseplease stick with your vision and current track. It's brilliant.

I was apprehensive about spending $25 on a game with no demo but I'm soooo glad I did. I've also gotten 5 other guys into it and they're thrilled.

I just found this game and feel it's the best realism game I've EVER played. I don't think I could bear another game selling out to n00bs. :(

Yours Truly,
L3RK3R

Well at this point, I'd say Tripwire's gotten the "sweet spot" of realism-versus-gameplay-versus-balance worked out. There's always the few radicals on both sides of the liberal-conservative axis either shouting for more realism or screaming for more tweaks. At the current moment, I think most of the RO community's happy with what they've got, I sure as hell know I am.

So you need not be worried about radical changes underway, most of the threads detailing the "issues" in Red Orchestra is relative and based solely upon opinion, anyways.

Upvote 0
L3rk3r Im with you dude! Join the revolution, do not be mislead by Mobius One's view...

Most of the RO players hate the fact it keeps getting tweaked more and more for new players killing the true essence of the game...

Hold Strong L3k3r my friend, hopefully we the few who care about RO will set it back on the path of Righteousness!

Is that fanatical enough for you mobius..... By the way its Ske eye's birthday.. his best idea for a present would be the end of the war.. LOL go Kill Megalith for me.. :D

Upvote 0
I think when the game was released back in March, the newbies probably outnumbered the mod veterans a hundred to one. I don't remember too many complaints on the boards other than a few "where's my crosshair" questions. If anything, most of the complaints came from the veterans like me :D, although I adapted like any good ROPlayer should.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure that by this point, Tripwire is focusing on realism. : - )

They do this free week thingy, so they can get more players to see what exactly the game is and get those in who like this kind of game. There is plenty of games in Steam already that can satisfy the arcade gamer, so why would they want to make another game arcadey?

Upvote 0
Mobius One said:
Fanatics are a minority, mate.
What you call minority is who supported this game to come to this level. Yes, we are a minority now after Ostfront with the hordes of COD,DOD gamers came. And their expectations are different, they want Ostfront to be more like "their games", and we want our game to have the same spirit in like RO before Ostfront.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mobius One said:
Well at this point, I'd say Tripwire's gotten the "sweet spot" of realism-versus-gameplay-versus-balance worked out. There's always the few radicals on both sides of the liberal-conservative axis either shouting for more realism or screaming for more tweaks. At the current moment, I think most of the RO community's happy with what they've got, I sure as hell know I am.

So you need not be worried about radical changes underway, most of the threads detailing the "issues" in Red Orchestra is relative and based solely upon opinion, anyways.

as soon the game stops making advetisment with "realism" ill shut up ;)

and yes i count my self to those "realism" fanatics.

Comrade Wasabi said:
The majority don't want RO to be more arcadey. The majority also don't want RO to be a simulation where you have to shave, tie your boots and put on your hat before you get to fight. Most people are pretty happy with RO the way it is now.

of course ... let the tanks and mgs be how they are ... theyre perfect :p :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
As i recall and see on these boards, the so called 'radicals' also always scream hell on earth and spits on the team when the team changes or adds to the gameplay of the game. Radicals screaming havoc when we started working on tanks and how they would totally ruin RO and would be the doom of it for instance are still ringing my ear.

I'd prefer the radicals in general in this community to be a little more respectfull in general, and I would be a much happier bigfoot.

Upvote 0