• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

new patch = big wow

Nice post Trip,

The only beef I can personally find with the new patch is the chat color of the Axis team... that cream colored text (its cream on my monitor, not sure if its supposed to be) is hard for me to notice while playing, so if an enemy is typing something to me it doesnt catch my eye, as it looks like the server messages that routinely flow by. Consequently I ignore the chat message and miss what they said.

Obviously this isnt game breaking or even that horrible that I would complain about it... so dont take this as a complaint, just an observation... I can live with it :D

Upvote 0
gonzman said:
Bahah! the change in class names has ruined realism and noobified the game? What a load of crap! It makes 0 difference to how the game plays which is actually whats important you numbnuts!
i disagree. the change in class names has ruined part of the games realism. and yes it has americanized(dumbed down) the game. saying that it makes 0 difference to the way the game plays seems on the surface true. but wait till all the noobs infiltrate yer fav server during the free week of play and then come back and say that there is 0 difference in game play. it is my opinion that ROOST should be trying to aquire smarter more mature noobs. doing so might improve game play over the long run. IMHO ROOST need not dangle itself lower just to attract more noob money. but then again, more money is more important than realism and game play put together.

Upvote 0
{FUX}busterhyman said:
i disagree. the change in class names has ruined part of the games realism. and yes it has americanized(dumbed down) the game. saying that it makes 0 difference to the way the game plays seems on the surface true. but wait till all the noobs infiltrate yer fav server during the free week of play and then come back and say that there is 0 difference in game play. it is my opinion that ROOST should be trying to aquire smarter more mature noobs. doing so might improve game play over the long run. IMHO ROOST need not dangle itself lower just to attract more noob money. but then again, more money is more important than realism and game play put together.

Wow, you arrogant little ass.

Upvote 0
K.Johansen said:
I believe he was just stating his opinion, and then you and your mate went and lashed out on him. As a matter of fact, you and your lot are the ones being bigots.

Really?

Jeez, I'm OH SO sorry that I don't appreciate being stereotyped based on WHERE I was born and WHERE I live just because somebody else has a superiority complex and believes NOTHING is wrong with their own country.

How was I being a bigot?

Upvote 0
Lionel-RIchie said:
Really?

Jeez, I'm OH SO sorry that I don't appreciate being stereotyped based on WHERE I was born and WHERE I live just because somebody else has a superiority complex and believes NOTHING is wrong with their own country.

How was I being a bigot?

I live in the US. You being intolerant of his views on the changes to the game makes you by definition a bigot.

Upvote 0
the classes were dumbed down for the american audience, to capture more american money. dont cry bigotry because i call a spade a spade. if the american population spoke german and russian there would have been no change. its not my fault tripwire dumbed down the class names is it? please crawl back into yer little hole of bitterness and save the nasty names for when u look into the mirror.

Upvote 0
{FUX}busterhyman said:
the classes were dumbed down for the american audience, to capture more american money. dont cry bigotry because i call a spade a spade. if the american population spoke german and russian there would have been no change. its not my fault tripwire dumbed down the class names is it? please crawl back into yer little hole of bitterness and save the nasty names for when u look into the mirror.

The TW staff said themselves that they didn't like the names the way they were and have wanted to change them.

I'm not sure how changing a class name is "dumbing down" the game in any shape/form/or fashion?

And this comes from someone who knows German and Russian and could understand the names without having played the game.

Upvote 0
Lionel-RIchie said:
I'm not sure how changing a class name is "dumbing down" the game in any shape/form/or fashion?

Are you thick? Its dumbing down because the average American doesn't spend 2-3 hours of his day reading, talking, or debating about WW2. Its obviously more appealing for something coming from call of duty or DOD:S to see riflemen and say "hey that had that in dod, i know what that is!". Now that I think about it even DOD attempted german names for there classes in 1.6

Upvote 0
K.Johansen said:
Are you thick? Its dumbing down because the average American doesn't spend 2-3 hours of his day reading, talking, or debating about WW2. Its obviously more appealing for something coming from call of duty or DOD:S to see riflemen and say "hey that had that in dod, i know what that is!". Now that I think about it even DOD attempted german names for there classes in 1.6

You're right, more Americans need to learn the German and Russian names for WW2 infantry and tank soldiers.

And it is ridiculous to think that some CoD/DOD player is going to enjoy the game because the class names are not in their native language DESPITE the gameplay. The native class names weren't the defining characteristic of RO's realism gameplay, if you recall.

The class names weren't some IQ test for playing RO. You clicked on them and you saw the weapon on the right, and anyone who's played ANY WW2 game knows what those weapons are, plus there is a description.

Upvote 0
K.Johansen said:

I'm not getting into this discusson here about it being good or bad and if it dumbs down the RO experience, since we already officially replied on this subject numerous times.
It's just this what makes me wonder: why are you only talking about americans regarding this change when vast majority of the people outside the US also doesn't speak or understand german or russian (apart from the german and russian audience)?

Upvote 0
SasQuatch said:
I'm not getting into this discusson here about it being good or bad and if it dumbs down the RO experience, since we already officially replied on this subject numerous times.
It's just this what makes me wonder: why are you only talking about americans regarding this change when vast majority of the people outside the US also doesn't speak or understand german or russian (apart from the german and russian audience)?

No, obviously everyone but Americans speaks German and Russian fluently.

One time I went to Mexico and they were all like "Was gibts?" and I was all like "Hold on there, Fritz!"

Edit: Sorry about the extreme sarcasm, but sometimes I can't help it ^^

Upvote 0
SasQuatch said:

I thought someone would bring that up, Im only talking about Americans because I was talking to another American about it. Obviously not everyone in the world understands russian or german.

Upvote 0
Dont even use the US as an example... I know few german and russian words, and am from the US...

But Ive been playin since the first mod... and it really only takes about 5 minutes to know the class roles.... after that its getting to know how to use them to the full extent....

and FUX is right.... only the NUB thing goes out to all countries not just the US...:D

Upvote 0