• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

small chance of respawning as a female

Our fellow countrywomen told us that the Russian major, who had been living in the house, one evening had told them what a deep impression it had made on him to see the difference of the women's situation in Germany and in the Soviet Union.

"Russian women so deep down, German women so high up!" he had said with distinct gestures to express the difference of social level.

Thats from one of my books and I thought it was kinda funny.

Upvote 0
" 70% of the 800,000 Russian women who served in the Soviet army in WW2 fought at the front. One hundred thousand of them were decorated for defending their country. " [Quote from a webshite]

its pure sexism that theres not even one female in RO :( :p :D

" Alexandra Beikov and her husband Ivan bought their own tank so they could go into WW2 together. She was awarded the order of the Patriotic War. "

aww how sweet,, its kinda touching that, brought a tear to the eye :eek: :( :)

Upvote 0
LazerMane said:
It's pure not-giving-a-pair-of-dingo's-kidneys that there isn't a single female in RO.

We don't play as Young Russian Men sent off to war, we play as character models who wield weapons at each other.

Being male is little more than being a placeholder in this game.

i see,, so it doesn't actually matter what gender this 'placeholder' is? :) ok, so whats the fuss about if it doesn't matter? :D

Upvote 0
Mini_Booyah said:
i see,, so it doesn't actually matter what gender this 'placeholder' is? :) ok, so whats the fuss about if it doesn't matter? :D

Resources, Time, effort. Females would need different models, different animations, different textures, and lets not forget, ragdoll boob physics (Im joking, im joking :D :p , about the physics that is).

If it took them so long to put just men in, its going to take just as long to put women in, and instead, they could be putting in things that further the games fun, like crew casualties, crew shock, fixed armor models, more weapons, more maps, faked (or real) penetration, etc.

The majority of wars (if not all) have been fought mostly by men (im not saying women werent there, infact there was a female russian sniper with over 300 confirmed kills).

Plus, having women in game is going to encourage excessive T-bagging :D :p (please dont hurt me)

Upvote 0
Isaak Johnson said:
Thats a pretty good idea, women played a key role in WWII on many front, its just that the russians threw them in just as far as men.

I also think that the whole ammo resupply thing could be worked out a little better too, I dont think every soldier had an extra MG drum/clip/chain for the MG gunners out there, especially the Russians, being short on everything at the time.

I would suggest only having certain classes carry extra MG ammo instead of every sterlok out there.

Another idea was having specific classes be able to choose between extra MG ammo drums or grenades.

I also thought that if you went to an ammo place to stock up on ammo for your weapons, you could have an option to pick up extra MG ammo to take to your MG gunner team mate instead of spawning with that extra ammo, maybe have it slow you down when you pick it up.

But I like your ideas, good job.

IMO strelok should get the mg drums, since they stay back together with the mg.
the smg people could do without though

Upvote 0
Mini_Booyah said:
,,, more women fought in the war than there ever was Tiger tanks :D

More women fought in the war than T-34s, IS-2s, KV-1s, T-26s, BA-64s, and T-60s combined.

What's your point?

Using developer time to introduce female soldiers and such would be better spent doing things like, say, fixing the tank combat system.

There were female soldiers. This is true. Nobody's denying it.

However, implementing female soldiers in a historical fashion is a waste of resources.

Also, commas are not used in ellipses.

Upvote 0
The only time I could see women in the game is if the battle was a battle with a woman regiment involved. If someone can name some battles where women were the predominant force for the Russians please post it. If the map doesnt have a large female force, then the odds are that only a very very very small percentage of women actually fought in that scenario, so your odds of spawning a girl would be much much much much lower than 1-50. If you take out the sniper girls (because this game doesn't have snipers) and you took out the women pilots, the number of women soldiers was pretty small in comparison to the men soldiers.

Upvote 0