• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next Update

Scoobz said:
Please make the Soldier Class names an option in terms of language.... Despite being from England, I prefer having the names originally given in the game.

I know you are trying to welcome new players and all that, but I was a new player once, and I welcomed the idea of having 'traditional' names... Why can't other new players do the same?
Yeah I agree. The authentic vibe is hampered when you see "Assault Trooper, Machinegunner" etc. I mean it's not really a BIG deal but I'd like it to be optional so you could have it default to english for n..bs and traditional for the extra grizzled bastards.

Upvote 0
Rameusb5 said:
Thank you Tripwire for:

1. Listening to the community's suggestions.
2. Releasing patches in such a timely manner.
3. Releasing "patches" instead of "addons" that must be paid for.

What I find especially amazing about TWI is that since RO isn't a pay-to-play game, they really already have the community's money, so to speak. Financially speaking, there's not a lot of incentive to improve on the game. The fact that they are committed to doing so anyway IMHO shows their dedication to the game and to us, thier customers.
Keep improving a game and you don't need to charge for addons because the better the game gets the more people will be convinced to buy the game, hence incentive.

Upvote 0
deadman said:
It will be nice if we have site like this http://bf2s.com/player/63178740/, and ranks, like in game Battlefield 2.:)
I would say no thanks to this "feature". It has not done BF2 any good imho.
But afaik there are servers that have a statistics system running which is then hosted on a website. But don't quote me on that one please ;)
What do you need ranks for? All they tell is how much more spare time somebody else has than you.
If you really want to get competitive, I think CAL is considering having RO in their list of games :)

Upvote 0
1+1=What?

1+1=What?

Gentlemen:

I love the realism of the game. I wish it to be all that it can be. Do I mind being turned into a puddle of blood while I wait for my MG to deploy? Of course not. I love it.

So what is the story? It takes time to change magazines. It takes time to deploy an MG. It takes time to switch weapons, go to ironsights, go prone or take any other position and also to prep a granade before tossing it. It even takes a little time for a weapon to lean against a surface for stability.

So how is it, that it takes a complete tank crew of 3 guys, 0.2 seconds to bail out of a tank WHILE ITS ROLLING? The equation that kicks my ass is the following:

I have a pfaust. I take aim at a rolling tank. FIRE! First shot is not a kill. The driver of the tank feels the hit. Its takes him less time to get out of the tank and kill me with his pistol, than it takes me to switch from pfaust to my mp40 to try and kill the bailer.

There is no justice in that which is not logical.

Please fix this.

Upvote 0
Gentlemen:

I love the realism of the game. I wish it to be all that it can be. Do I mind being turned into a puddle of blood while I wait for my MG to deploy? Of course not. I love it.

So what is the story? It takes time to change magazines. It takes time to deploy an MG. It takes time to switch weapons, go to ironsights, go prone or take any other position and also to prep a granade before tossing it. It even takes a little time for a weapon to lean against a surface for stability.

So how is it, that it takes a complete tank crew of 3 guys, 0.2 seconds to bail out of a tank WHILE ITS ROLLING? The equation that kicks my ass is the following:

I have a pfaust. I take aim at a rolling tank. FIRE! First shot is not a kill. The driver of the tank feels the hit. Its takes him less time to get out of the tank and kill me with his pistol, than it takes me to switch from pfaust to my mp40 to try and kill the bailer.

There is no justice in that which is not logical.

Please fix this.
Preaching to the choir.

Upvote 0