• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO-Lyeskrovy has no allied bolts

Ron said:
Great map but why dont the germans start in the front trenches it would have been much better imho were the germans drunk or something that they start so far back from the front line.
couz they have no moral/"historical" right to win.

me likes the nade spam on this map.
it should be named "RO-TheNade-Collector" or something.

Upvote 0
well i love the look the map has but i really hate the way it plays
the pure number of smg's just dumbs down the whole game to a run&gun style and its really booring as a german to have your rifle against 5 russians with a ppsh41 storming at u
i imagine this map is really fun as russians but its just plain playing it as germans

and another 'pro' russain map wich goes to the poll of arad and kaukasus

Upvote 0
LemoN said:
well i love the look the map has but i really hate the way it plays
the pure number of smg's just dumbs down the whole game to a run&gun style and its really booring as a german to have your rifle against 5 russians with a ppsh41 storming at u
i imagine this map is really fun as russians but its just plain playing it as germans

and another 'pro' russain map wich goes to the poll of arad and kaukasus

Well, maps aren't always linear, but can be won by both sides.

Just read the map description, it explains what happened.

Upvote 0
It sucks to turn the corner and see five Russian SMGers, all never aiming. Every time. Sure it's an SMG battalion but the way people play CQB in this game it's not fun. The nade spam depends on the server. I find I'm killed more by friendly grenades than enemy ones :rolleyes:

I guess I'm a little biased since I am a bolt-action lover but it's rediculous. I know I don't like the map so I won't be playing it unless
my clan mates are all wanting too....

Upvote 0
its a great map If the germans would just play defensive they can do well with bolt actions aiming down the trenchs and looking over the edges of them. They just need to learn to adapt the play style to be effective. Aim over the tops of the trenches and try to hit them from some range throw some nades the russian smgers dont get them. hide around corners with your rifle aimed waiting for someone to come around corners. It seems very balanced from what i have seen.

Upvote 0
Sorry; but people complaining about SMGers owing riflers etc *cry* *cry, * *whinge*...*whinge*...really does my head in!

They need to realise using an SMG in RO is quite a lot harder than the "no recoil", "xhair" experience of other shooters..you still have to take time to aim, and fire, and if you get close enough to an SMGer for them to be able to kill you with a random spray you deserve to die!

Sorry that may come as a surprise, but if they've got close enough to you (yes you standing proud with your kar98k), to drill you with a load of bullets, before you got a chance to aim, then you died realistically, and they had the drop on you - simple as that.

Riflemen just need to learn to pick positions carefully, and you'll easily cut down one enemy after the other before they even see where the shot came from....rushing into a group of enemy SMGers is asking for certain death!

True this map is a close quarters map, but their is still plenty of opportunity for kar98k users to show their worth.

So stop moaning about the SMGs, its part of the game, they are fun and the most realistic I've "used" in a game, and they have a role to play just like the rifles.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh yeah great point Rat. Did you forget that we can't see thorugh walls? How the hell am I supposed to not let an SMGer get close to me in the trenches on LYES KROVY? You can't avoid runnign into a group of SMGers because you have to move to other objectives to keep them from falling. You WILL run into a group of SMGers and Strelok Avtos along the way. I can kill the SMGs at close range pretty well with a bolt but not every time. Meleeing sometimes doesn't work either.

Upvote 0