• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wreck Likely That of Nazi Aircraft Carrier

ya i get your point but it kind of hints that all germans were nazis also the nazis were a political party so calling it a nazi aircraft carrier would be like calling a US carrier a republican aircraft carrier which is strange to do because the country built it not really a politcal party but this is all getting to picky.... it is strange how the soviets didnt want anyone to know where the graf was at, was it carrying illegal material possibly?

Upvote 0
Wolfstuka said:
ya i get your point but it kind of hints that all germans were nazis also the nazis were a political party so calling it a nazi aircraft carrier would be like calling a US carrier a republican aircraft carrier which is strange to do because the country built it not really a politcal party but this is all getting to picky.... it is strange how the soviets didnt want anyone to know where the graf was at, was it carrying illegal material possibly?
Was there a Swastika on the Deck??? I rest my case.

Upvote 0
This model does, but who knows.. maybe it was commisioned by Betty Crocker. :rolleyes:

graf_zeppelin_lavender_02.jpg

Upvote 0
From what I know, Georing did not want to spare resources from his Luftwaffe to go to the Graf Zeppelin and the Navy (jealousies and rivalry). In addition to that, delays in production basically made the carrier useless as at that point the Allies had supremacy on the surface. Most areas that German surface ships were operating then were in range of landbased air, making the carrier unnecessary. No experience with carrier design also left the carrier sporting a heavy cruiser armament, overly heavy (and unnecessary) 8" main guns and I believe most of its AA armament was on one side of the ship.

Still, all in all, a very interesting find!!!

Upvote 0
D3terioNation said:
To be honest, I think the English sense of humour is the reason why we refer to WW2 Germany as 'nazi' Germany.

And I think, due to the millions of lives lost fighting nazi Germany, everyone has a right to refer to them as 'the nazis' without some goody two shoes telling them off for doing so...
That's pure BS. You can't make nowadays germans responsable for what happened 60 years ago. Man, I don't know what more to say, it's just so ridicolous.

Upvote 0
BuddyLee said:
I don't, unless they are NEO-NAZI's.

I think calling it a NAZI Ship is not incorrect, wrong, or provocative, people are just too sensitive nowadays I guess.?
It is incorrect(as well as totally unrespectful).

Wolfstuka said:

Last edited:
Upvote 0