• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

small chance of respawning as a female

Pravda

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 27, 2006
Southern NH
1 in 50 chance of respawning as a female (for teh Russian side only). This is not really needed in the game, but the Russians threw their women into the grinder too.

Also an ammo bearer/assistant class would be nice. This class could carry extra rounds, expedite reloading mg's and at infantry, and possibly carry a radio to assist the commander. this class would carry a side arm, or smg and would pick up kills while assisting. This class would suffer from the extra weight of his equipment.

Also indirect fire infantry w/ 10 rounds of HE each.

sorry if these suggestions were posted already.
-Pravda

Thats a pretty good idea, women played a key role in WWII on many front, its just that the russians threw them in just as far as men.

I also think that the whole ammo resupply thing could be worked out a little better too, I dont think every soldier had an extra MG drum/clip/chain for the MG gunners out there, especially the Russians, being short on everything at the time.

I would suggest only having certain classes carry extra MG ammo instead of every sterlok out there.

Another idea was having specific classes be able to choose between extra MG ammo drums or grenades.

I also thought that if you went to an ammo place to stock up on ammo for your weapons, you could have an option to pick up extra MG ammo to take to your MG gunner team mate instead of spawning with that extra ammo, maybe have it slow you down when you pick it up.

But I like your ideas, good job.

Upvote 0
Never saw this suggestion before you saw a female Soviet soldier every once in awhile in Call of Duty 2. Now I see it popping up more often.

Seriously. It isn't needed. And I know that women were much more often used as radio operators, staff clerks, and nurses on the Soviet side, rather than riflewomen.

Upvote 0
Deathsai said:
Never saw this suggestion before you saw a female Soviet soldier every once in awhile in Call of Duty 2. Now I see it popping up more often.

Seriously. It isn't needed. And I know that women were much more often used as radio operators, staff clerks, and nurses on the Soviet side, rather than riflewomen.

There were many divisions JUST of Russian Sniper women, or riflemen battaltion and pilots.

Upvote 0
Petrovich- said:
There were many divisions JUST of Russian Sniper women, or riflemen battaltion and pilots.

We don't have snipers or pilots in this game.

Never heard of a battalion of only women. Only heard of one instance where a couple were caught in a recon squad. I think you'd see females much more often in partisan combat forces, rather than the Red Army.

Upvote 0
Deathsai said:
We don't have snipers or pilots in this game.
Your right about not having a pilot class, but we sure do have snipers.

Maybe we should also get some more info on women on the eastern front for this topic.

If you know of any sites or resources with more info I would like a link please.

Upvote 0
Isaak Johnson said:
Thats a pretty good idea, women played a key role in WWII on many front, its just that the russians threw them in just as far as men.

I also think that the whole ammo resupply thing could be worked out a little better too, I dont think every soldier had an extra MG drum/clip/chain for the MG gunners out there, especially the Russians, being short on everything at the time.

I would suggest only having certain classes carry extra MG ammo instead of every sterlok out there.

Another idea was having specific classes be able to choose between extra MG ammo drums or grenades.

I also thought that if you went to an ammo place to stock up on ammo for your weapons, you could have an option to pick up extra MG ammo to take to your MG gunner team mate instead of spawning with that extra ammo, maybe have it slow you down when you pick it up.

But I like your ideas, good job.

You already can get more MG resupply ammo from ammo crates. Try it.

Upvote 0
link

link

Isaak Johnson said:

Maybe we should also get some more info on women on the eastern front for this topic.

If you know of any sites or resources with more info I would like a link please.

http://www.pww.org/past-weeks-2001/Woman defended Sevastopol.htm

This is an interesting story about a husband and wife who enlisted and became snipers. i think woman were used more in combat maybe in the early years. it is estimated that over a million women served in the russian army in ww2.

-Pravda

Upvote 0
Travel back in time and ask a high-ranking Soviet commander why they didn't put a division of female snipers on the front line of combat.

The 'sniper' class in game isn't really a sniper. They're a squad-level marksman. Snipers go out alone, or with a spotter, and kill people. They don't travel with a squad and capture things and such.

So, yeah. The 'sniper' name in the class selection screen is a bit of a misnomer.

Upvote 0

No sorry, we have squad marksmen not snipers. Someone said there were 1 million women in the Russian Army, but most didn't fight, only a small percentage did. So lets say 250,000 women actually fought (Thats a generous number) now compare that to the few million men who actually fought......I think the odds of spawning a woman realistically would be much smaller than 1 out of 50. As stated before the women were usually snipers, and I've personally read that these women snipers were used mostly in solo missions and with maybe 1-2 other women. Seeing as how most of the combat girls were actual russian snipers (not squad marksmen, which rules them out of this game) that leaves only the small group of girls armed with rifles, and thusly it would make that 1-50 chance of spawning as a chick more like 1-90,000. So your odds of finding a dud grenade in the game is higher than spawning as a woman.

Upvote 0
Kind of a useless idea, the novelty would wear off after a spawn or so.
a better ammo bearer class, and a reworking of the resupply code would be even better, on S-K I picked up a fallen MG42 and the gunner came back to the same spot so we had 2 mg42s covering that area and it was a deathtrap for the russkies, anyways I was on my last belt, and I was able to resupply the MG gunner. where did I pull those few hundred rounds from if I was on my last 100.

Upvote 0