• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Lets show that the Ostfront Clancommunity/Realism units community is a good one!

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
With the trial period in mind

As clans and realism units we should all make an example to the people of how to behave to new players that can't tell friend from foe, and even be nice to the bastardous people.

For this time, maybe don't use ventrillo/teamspeak but the ingame comms, instead of pwning new players playing with them and help them learning to enjoy this game.

Let the clanning / unit community be seen as a mature one, not a bastardous elitist one.

^^. Lets make a good example of ourselfs.

And get alot of people to like this game so we can get new opponents to fight, and more people to recruit :D

Agreed! Making a good example of ourselves and helping out new players will only strengthen the community and help it grow.
Kiddies or not, new players or not we were all new to this game once.
If we ask for respect we must give it.
If we want this game to grow in a positive way I think we must embrace new players with open arms...or paws in my case :p

Upvote 0
I often wish we didnt use Teamspeak when pubbing. Because when our members pub together we always use lots of teamwork and tactics. The bummer of it is, the regular pubbers cant hear us and cannot participate with us if they so choose to.
I aggree with this idea and 2.SS will try this as well. When is this trial period anyways? Heh.

Upvote 0
How to set a good example for newbies:

How to set a good example for newbies:

Don'ts:
1. Abandon your vehicle upon contact with the enemy.
2. Fire your weapons in the spawn area just because you like to see yellow tracers or hear the cool sound of your StG 44.
3. Team kill.
4. Discuss ideological drool on VOIP or chat.
5. Camp out in the spawn area and wait for long shots.
6. Play Grand Theft Auto merry-go-round with the damn clown cars.
7. Play custom maps that you know they haven't practiced on so you can pretend you're Einsatzgruppen and slaughter them.

Do's:
1. Use bounding overwatch, fire support, and Blitzkrieg.
2. Cross-talk on VOIP or chat to provide situational awareness to all teammates.
3. Provide ammunition and protect the flanks of your MachineGewehr.
4. Secure objectives (camping) and prepare ambushes for the inevitable Soviet counterattack. When you defeat this counterattack, assault the next objective.
5. Use the StuG as direct fire support instead of a cool-looking fast attack buggy.
6. Use official maps that the newbies have had a chance to practice on.

Just some thoughts from a StabsNoob.

Upvote 0
Yes - obviously Tripwire would like to see the existing community welcome the newcomers. Help them out... of course a freebie will attract a few smeg-heads - but the vast bulk won't download a gig of game just to be a pain in the ass. They'll be jumping in to find out about the game.

Needless to say, Tripwire will take a dim view of existing community members who are really unhelpful and rude - just remember it may take a bit of patience :)

Upvote 0
Also, and not that this is a huge thing, but maybe some of those servers where you can vote for the maps should maybe clean up some of those unfinished early beta maps. It killed me with annoyance the first time I played a map where I was still running to our first cap point from our spawn and the enemy had already won, both times... Or how about that map where the germans get stuck in their bunker at the very end with no way out but the reds can toss grenades/satchels into their spawn...

Upvote 0