• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Free Demo Period on Steam!

[P]Guardian[L] said:
Great idea, i haven`t played RO yet, but i`ve heard it`s very realistic (which i like). I play a lot of America`s Army, game is really good, but i`m looking for something more realistic. Would be nice to try RO on a free trial, then, in Poland, Cenega publishing a full version on 11th august with price 29,90 PLN (about 7,5 EUR :D ). I hope the game will be good.

If you play AA but are looking for something more realistic then you should really like RO. Two of the RO devs used to work on AA even :)

Upvote 0
Banquo said:
As to the free time, as has been said, we need to make newcomer's welcome and help them out. That and well admined servers will get us a decent group of new players :D

IMO who likes realism, will join RO. I`ve heard about the game, didn`t have opportunity to play it, now will be a chance (free trial, published in Poland).
I don`t like how some of you guys call new players - newbies, noobs, etc.
I`m an experienced player and that i didn`t have opportunity to play RO it doesn`t mean i`m a noob :p And i think that people who will join RO community during free trial won`t be any noobs, because a "non experienced" player would prefer more arcade game. And it wouldn`t be any waste, if "non experienced" players leave after few hours of play, there`s nothing worse in multiplayer game than "easy" opponent. The greatest fights with a lot of fun are when there are two (or more) good opponents.

Isn`t there enough people playing RO that you want to keep as much as possible of the newcomers?
Let the evolution roll on, who want`s to play RO will do it ;)

Upvote 0
SasQuatch said:
Maybe it's a good idea to change some of the servers temporarily that week to DEMO FF OFF servers if you catch my drift. It'll help the new players get used to RO's gameplay in a noob friendly atmosphere because of the lack of TK's :)

indeed. some new-player freindly servers are critical. as well as, perhpas, more servers period. if the free period is a big success, I fear there may not be enough servers! :eek:

Upvote 0
Slyk said:
Just Great. Now I have a deadline to get my beta1 out!!!

;) j/k. This is great news and hopefully will lure in all those lazy bastards who wouldn't try it in the first place. This can only be a good thing! Glad to hear it.
That would definitely help convince a bunch of guys from our place to at least give the game a fair shot.:cool:

SasQuatch said:
Maybe it's a good idea to change some of the servers temporarily that week to DEMO FF OFF servers if you catch my drift. It'll help the new players get used to RO's gameplay in a noob friendly atmosphere because of the lack of TK's :)
Good idea. I think I'll switch over our least used server to help the new guys make the transition to RO.

Upvote 0
I've been wondering the exact same thing, Mad Onion.

I've never bothered with Steam before, and I was inclined to leave things at that. However I've heard great things as to RO:O and I'm rather eager to give it a whirl, so I've gone against my prejudice and installed Steam. Having installed Steam and looked about, I've noticed that there is a rather lacking amount of news as to this entire demo event. How does one preload for the demo event? I've seen no links in this blasted Steam client, only the buy now option. I'd rather not spend the first few days of the demo event trying to download RO:O from overstressed servers or the like, I'd rather spend the first few days immersing myself in the experience.

Thanks for any help.

Upvote 0