• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Differnt types of tank ammo?

[RO]schneidzekk said:
eek, these images are kinda small. Would like to help out, but i cant read most of the stuff.

2060 x 1596 = Small? ^^

FatPartizan said:
Hey, people German language who be understands? What here it is written ?

it's possible to translate, but to be honestly, it's really a lot to do and it's tooo hot, to think so much :rolleyes:

It's all about the PAK 36 which was the german name for some conquered Russian canons with the calibre 7,62 - i don't know the russian type name. These canons had the nickname Ratschbumm.

These guns were used in german forces, for example on the Marder 3.

The first sheet is a datasheet and the following are some tank hit zone sheets and some sheets of a user guid

greets,
Reiser

Upvote 0
The charts are about at which range which ammo can penetrate the various foreign tanks.

Two of the scans look strange, not because of their contend but:

a) The fonts are very modern

b) mixing up 7,62 mm and 7,62 cm is something you don't see in German documents.

I am talking about the images 6 and 7.

Nevertheless nice charts. :)

Upvote 0
Just a little question, but is there anything implementet for the physically fact that shells loose their power when shot over long distances?

Most shots over huge distance are pretty hard because of the Fog and the graphics, but are there calculations for shells losing fire power? That's the real point of thrill for bad long distance shots, u can't see the enemy good enough so it wouldn't be so important to have this ingame so, i'd like to know if ^^

A T34/85 was able to knock out a Tigers Front in one shot at 90

Upvote 0
Well the Germans used APCBC for there main tank round, APCR was used in limited numbers untill 1944.

Thy also had HEAT (up to 4 verations) and HE rounds avalible -some guns had diffrent AP rounds (IIRC the 50mm Kwk's 38 & 39 had APC insted of APCBC)
some guns had Smoke rounds issued to them.

the Kwk 37 (75mm gun on the Panzer 4A-F) had Canister rounds avalible to it! (960x 9mm BBs any one?)...

well heres my post of what diffrent rounds guns had at there disposle...
http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9875

Upvote 0
Nebfer said:
Well the Germans used APCBC for there main tank round, APCR was used in limited numbers untill 1944.

Thy also had HEAT (up to 4 verations) and HE rounds avalible -some guns had diffrent AP rounds (IIRC the 50mm Kwk's 38 & 39 had APC insted of APCBC)
some guns had Smoke rounds issued to them.

the Kwk 37 (75mm gun on the Panzer 4A-F) had Canister rounds avalible to it! (960x 9mm BBs any one?)...

well heres my post of what diffrent rounds guns had at there disposle...
http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9875

I'd love to have cannister. Were the StuG III supplied with them???

Upvote 0
While the APCR ammo is more likely to penetrate, doens't it cause less damage *after* penetration compared to an AP that penetrates? If this is true, is it true in the game?

Oh, in terms of raw tank statistics the T60 is probably weaker than the PzIII, but it is definatly cooler..and the Russians had a hang-glider variant of the T60 that should be immediatly implemented into the game (nevermind it was made in small numbers...aka only 1 ever produced that never saw combat action)

Upvote 0
[VFD]HH said:
While the APCR ammo is more likely to penetrate, doens't it cause less damage *after* penetration compared to an AP that penetrates? If this is true, is it true in the game?

At a guess, I'd say it would do the same or more damge than the AP, but I will investigate / experiment at the weekend.

Basically, head-on, the Pz III can kill an IS-2 with 4 rounds of APCR at 750m. At the same range, AP will only penertrate 1 round in 4. Not sure how many, that defeat the armour, are required.

Upvote 0
Recce said:
At a guess, I'd say it would do the same or more damge than the AP, but I will investigate / experiment at the weekend.

Basically, head-on, the Pz III can kill an IS-2 with 4 rounds of APCR at 750m. At the same range, AP will only penertrate 1 round in 4. Not sure how many, that defeat the armour, are required.

yikes! it would never last that long! ;)

Upvote 0
I'm not exactly sure which round the "AP" round in the PzIII represents (PzGr or PzGr39), but I believe in any case the German rounds contained a small amount of High Explosive content (APHE), which was set to explode AFTER the round penetrated.

This increased the lethality to some degree.

I also believe that if the APCR round's Tungsten core was the only part that penetrated the target, then it would have less mass than a standard AP round, and thus inflict less damage (assuming it's velocity would be the same, which I don't know for sure).

Upvote 0