• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I want this mag in my Mauser!

User Name

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
rifle.jpg

:D

{YBBS}Sage said:
Ahh, the WWI 20-round trench mag. You can get 'em. I just saw an ad for a place that sells them in Shotgun News.

(Note: They are illegal as "high capacity" by California law. Just wanted to toss that out.)
Thank goodness I live in Georgia! I've got a 75 round drum sitting next to my SAR-1 in the safe right now. I don't think they'd worry too much about a 20 round bolt action mag.:D

Upvote 0
User Name said:
Thank goodness I live in Georgia! I've got a 75 round drum sitting next to my SAR-1 in the safe right now. I don't think they'd worry too much about a 20 round bolt action mag.:D

What, here or there? 'Cause here they WOULD worry about it... unless it was permanently modified (read: destroyed) to only hold 10 rounds, which is the max on anything centerfire. (Average rounds fired in a "gun violence" crime? About 3.5.)

Upvote 0
{YBBS}Sage said:
What, here or there? 'Cause here they WOULD worry about it... unless it was permanently modified (read: destroyed) to only hold 10 rounds, which is the max on anything centerfire. (Average rounds fired in a "gun violence" crime? About 3.5.)
Yes, I meant here. I know I couldn't bring any of my semi-autos, or their mags into California except my SVT 40, and my Garand. I would say SKS too, but it has one of those "evil" grenade lauchers. Where could I get a grenade to launch anyway?

Upvote 0
I was just thinking about it... 4 stripper clips to load that rifle... FOUR! Fun times. :D

Maybe one day, after I move back to a free state (or this one is successfully liberated), I'll have to get a high-cap Mauser for shits.

skypirate said:
Some people launch inert (no explosives) grenades which is perfectly legal.

Not here, since just the GL attachment on the rifle alone is a Destructive Device. :rolleyes:

Funny thing, though. Apparently the State hasn't figured out how to translate the manual for the Mas 46/59 to find out that it's got a 'launcher on the end of it... so that one's legal (though most are bubba'd off to ensure compliance). :confused:

They also haven't figured out that the Israelis have grenades compatible with the M16A2 flash-hider (the definition of a grenade launcher is....?) - which IS legal on AR15's here, as long as the lower reciever isn't on the ban list - oops again - and as long as the magazine is a ten-rounder that requires a tool to remove (field strip the rifle to reload, since the instant you remove the mag lock, you are in posession of an un-registered AR... Possibly if you only remove the mag for cleaning and leave the pistol grip on the lower!)...

I feel sorry for you people, you've gotta worry about someone carjacking you with a 20 round Mauser or knocking off liquor stores by lobbing in grenades from their rifles. Oh, the horror.

Upvote 0