• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bullets hitting dirt, Or is it bbs hitting dirt?

No you cant get anyone from tripwire to respond. tons of good threads are going in the suggestion forum here and almost none get responses from them. Its starting to look like they dont give a damn what we think would be good for the game. But dont just trust me on this. read all the threads and look for the very few very rare responses from them.

Upvote 0
Plaid13 said:
No you cant get anyone from tripwire to respond. tons of good threads are going in the suggestion forum here and almost none get responses from them. Its starting to look like they dont give a damn what we think would be good for the game. But dont just trust me on this. read all the threads and look for the very few very rare responses from them.

This is because:

1. Person I suggests good idea.
2. Person II suggests augmentation of this idea for balance.
3. Person III tells Person I to use the search button.
4. Person IV comes in and tells everyone how this idea suggested in the OP is the most horrible idea since sliced weasel cakes and how he should stop posting on the forums altogether
5. Person III gets into flame war with Person IV, the thread never goes anywhere except horribly offtopic and eventually sinks to the bottom without ever being heard from again.

I hate how a lot of people in the IaS forum get in here and reply negatively to every single comment or idea suggested by anyone in order to stir up troll-like behavior and make it so nothing is actually contributed anymore.

This is why the guys at Tripwire never look in this forum, because it's a gigantic cocksucking competition that they would rather just not look at.

Upvote 0
LazerMane's post is the definition of irony.

Back on topic, there needs to be a balance between what looks good (and realistic), and what won't bog down the engine horribly.

Big, long-lasting smoke effects look nice and are great for immersion. However, most maps in RO right now are rainy, foggy, snowy, or otherwise damp. That environment doesn't much lend itself to gouts of dirt and grime when a bullet hits something. However, I'd still like to see some bigger and longer lasting smoke effects.

It'd add a lot to the aftermath of battles, and could (maybe) be put in as an optional thing. Using MGs would be an absolute blast, too.

Most people would probably use the default ones still, just because of A) better FPS and B) they get an advantage in terms of sight.

It all depends on how efficiently Tripwire could implement it, really.

It sure would make Odessa look like an absolute warzone, though..

edit: yes, I know everything in this post was already discussed.

Upvote 0
Plaid13 said:

No, it's just that these ideas are dead horses being beaten again. What more do you want them to say? Thats why you get the "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON" people.

Upvote 0
I am sure that TW reads these posts. They just dont respond because as soon as they do the community thinks they are committed to making the change. Then if the idea is not able to be implemented for whatever reason the community rips TW a new one. It is far better PR for TW to have the idea show up in a patch change list then for them to not be able to deliver. If it has enought support it will be at least tried I am sure. Patience.

Upvote 0
Plaid13 said:

Just because the Devs aren't replying doesn't mean they aren't watching.

Take our suppression system, for instance. That was a huge war with tons of support for it, but I never saw a single reply to it. And then RO:O comes out, with our beloved suppression system in response to the massive amounts of screaming for it.

You can always go back to EA/Dice, Plaid. I'm sure they'd accept another sucker...excuse me, customer, for their booster packs.

Upvote 0