• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Helmet visible on-screen

Harry S. Truman said:
Our eyes blink all the time, I think we should add a blink to the game too. Oh and sneezes when all that dust is kicked up. Of course you have to add a blink when you sneeze as well!! :D
Thank you for your contribution, jerk.

How about suggesting a way to make the idea functional in the game instead of just acting like such a blatant troll.

Upvote 0
I don't think this adds realism or more fun to the game. It's just work that doesnt need to be done...

[-project.TwentY3-] said:
When I was walking thru the woods the other day I got a littly stone into my shoes. On the eastern front where many stones! maybe we could have "search shoe for stones button" because you cant run that fast with stones in your shoes

THANKS! Can't stop laughing! :D (partly because it reminds me of a Silent Hunter III discussion... :D)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Chi said:
I bought an old tin German ww2 helmet which I wear while at my PC playing RO. My partner batters me around the head everytime I get shot which adds real immersion. I do all this naked, apart from the helmet to simulate the cold of the Eastern Front while playing KurlandKessel, StalingradKessel ect. Then when I get bored I just sit and play with my helmet which gives me hours of enjoyment ;).

Ta

Chi

bwahahahahahah i literally laughed out loud at this

Upvote 0
I think this is an excelent idea, good job LazerMane.

I think somthing like this would be best suited as a graphic option, since many would not like the idea or they might want to set their graphics lower.

It would be cool to see your helmit up there, see it rock around on your head when sprinting or see it bob into view as your player jerks from the kickback or your rifle.

I dont think it should take up too much space since it could block a good portion of your screen, I would suggest just the very top and that it shouldn't dip too far down in its arc. I also suggest that it only becomes noticeably visable when your sprinting or when you just shot your rifle or similar actions.

As for some soldiers not having helmits, if the helmit doesn't block too much of the screen then it shouldn't hurt it too much. And if you can see it then you can know when it was shot off because it wont be there, which was necessary for soldier with helmits to know since a non-view obstructing cap really didn't protect you anyway. So you really sacrafice a tiny bit of your view for head protection that not all soldiers had.

Good job LazerMane, I look forward to seeing this idea get implemented.

Upvote 0
So let me get this straight you guys want a little blob of green at the top of your screens. lol. Don't you think a computer monitor is restrictive enough?
Why don'y you guys just tape some green paper to the top of your monitors, that just blocks the top. There instant helmet, and would look just as good.

Upvote 0