• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Throughing back enemy grenades??

falconik

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 2, 2006
United Kingdom
Would it be good if you could through back the enemy's grenades, I know most of the time you get alot of them thrown at you so the only option is to run like hel! lol But ive been in situations where a enemy threw a grenade at me and I didnt get away in time but if I could of had the time to through it back. Would that make the game more realistic and tense. I think you could do that in the old day of deafeat?

Many a thread on this one already... personally for me, no thanks. The RO masters would soon learn to throw every nade back at you, then in turn everyone would learn perfect airbursting and/or cooking skills, and then you'd have to start another thread along the lines of 'ZOMG nade-spam!' or 'We need random fuses!'

Grenades are fiiiiiine. My opinion, of course.

HAY GUYS, did you hear we're going to get smoke grenades??// W00!

Upvote 0
I'd say its a good idea

1. because its realistic.

2. Because it adds more defense, currently the game is just each side on offense with one labled as defense. Not that this would change this but its a small step...

3. In response to #2, most people already have the fuse so short that you dont even have much time to stand, let alone get away. It couldn't hurt if its implemented right.

Upvote 0
REZ said:
Many a thread on this one already... personally for me, no thanks. The RO masters would soon learn to throw every nade back at you, then in turn everyone would learn perfect airbursting and/or cooking skills, and then you'd have to start another thread along the lines of 'ZOMG nade-spam!' or 'We need random fuses!'

No way you could throw every (or even most) nades back. Even in games that have this feature it's very rarely used (you don't know if the grenade has been cooked or not, so if you have a choice you run away rather than run up and grab it). But in that rare case where you're prone and it lands in your face or you know you can't get away, it's great to be able to toss it back.

Upvote 0
Hey, LazerMane, how about you stop finding, and using, every opportunity you can get to make a no-content and offensive post?

On topic, I think it's a pretty good idea. The devs would have to make live grenades in to a pick-upable object with a fuse for detonation, or something, so it'd act like a normal item. A normal item that explodes after several seconds, of course.

It'd be the same way nades are in DoD 1.3, really. Except that tossing them back at the enemy probably wouldn't be the best idea, just because you don't have enough time to. I guess you'd pick it up and toss it someplace safe. It'd give prone people a bit of a chance when a nade lands in front of their face, which is always a good thing.

Edited due to the fact that most of LazerMane's posts can't be considered 'low-content' as I had previously stated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LazerMane said:

HAY GUYS HOW I USED SEARCH BUTTON?
Don't mind, they don't feel offended by your written stuff, they feel offended by your signature ^^
... but it's really mean

Makimaki said:
I'd say its a good idea

1. because its realistic.

*cough*

realistic? would you try to throw back a grenade? honestly, i would run for my life and get my head down, really

if this really should be ingame *cough* it would be a very one sided thing ... German greandes have to be cooked a little bit to throw them.

and, at least i do so too, German soldiers were told to throw the grenades, which had a 5 sec detonator, at about 3 sec, so the enemy won't be able to throw it back.

So, the only ones, who would be able to throw them back would be the german soldier if he "finds" a not cooked Sowjet frag grenade...

so, this idea should get a "no" because of realism and a "No" cause of gameplay

btW. how about a german AT-Rifle? Panzerfausts in early years somehow suck, this destroyes a lot of "balancing" IMO ^^

greets
Reiser

Upvote 0
Again???

Again???

Are we doing the throw back the nade again.

why dont we add granade launchers option like the americans in dod, to the Reds since the germans have there RPG ( panzer-wacker) and put a low powered scope on the reds 50 cal tank buster

also give the camanders the ability to "walk" the artilery across a target. as well to cancel a strike in progress if it's not been fired , and not be wasted.and with that note have the artilary a shell count that depletes as it's used and replenishes over time so it really never runs out. it would just be delayed till it replenishes . since there working on smoke granades why not smoke in the artilary selection to lay smoke down in a wide area. on the small maps it would not work well but in maps like orel it would add to the game play

Upvote 0
Well what would you do if a grenade just landed in your face while proned or crouched??? Run and put your head down. You wouldn't have time but you would have time to through it back if you were quick enough, mabey not fast enough to kill some1 with it but get it out of the range of killing you:p . It would be fun aswel because since you have the option to " run or through" it gives you a scary choice lol. Do you think you will be quick to get away or do you think you have time to launch that hot mellon back hehe.

Upvote 0
falconik said:
Would it be good if you could through back the enemy's grenades,

why not, but i woud like randoom fuses for the grenades then as well. its to easy to time them anyway.

Dax02 said:
*cough*

realistic? would you try to throw back a grenade? honestly, i would run for my life and get my head down, really

Reiser

it is realistic, thats what often the job was of the third men in a german mg squad, throwing out grenades that landed in there position.

Upvote 0
Zips said:
LazerMane: That's not really necessary (the color and font size at least).

But your post was even more unnecessary telling him that his post wasnt necessary because you also didnt add anything helpful to the thread.

Soldiers really DID throw back grenades just like when they ate them , so that it would get digested before the fuse ran out

If we get to throw (Notice how its "throw" and not "through" tut tut) nades back then i want to be able to catch bullets and throw them at the enemy.

please. think.

Upvote 0
Jono said:
But your post was even more unnecessary .

If(Notice how its "throw" and not "through" tut tut) nades back then i want to be able to catch bullets and throw them at the enemy.

please. think.

And I belive yours is the most unnecessary, I dont like arguing but you have dryed my patients..... I find you abit insulting, READ THE FORUM
"Ideas and Suggestions Want To Help Red Orchestra Get Better? Share Your Wisdom Here"

I dont need YOU to tell me if I spelt something wrong.... And I dont need YOU to disrepect my idea and other peoples views. Its sarky people like you who make me feel kinda shity about my ideas.... I hope oneday people like you will learn when to ZIP it or get banned..... Or learn to respect people's views. Lets face it you were being cocky as a quote "i want to be able to catch bullets and throw them at the enemy." Thats what annoyed me, thats when I know you are kinda saying this idea is crap, just because you dont like it doesn't mean you have to try put me down. I would not of minded if you said "oh I would'nt like that LIKE most PEOPLE DO, I would not of even replyed to it. But when you be really cocky and try to be smart about it is very anoying this is a "Suggestion forum not put people down forum"One more thing if you read alot of posts I have put you will see, no matter how bad a idea is that someone has posted I will always say "good idea" I will certainly not put them down. Thats all, if you reply to this I wont bother reading it or replying back thanks.

Upvote 0
Okay guys, lets not get bent out of shape towards each other... deep breath time... *inhaaaaaaale* 6 seconds *exhaaaaaaale* okay lets move on..

My concern with this feature is it might turn into a DoD situation where most of your nades would come flying back at you. I used to see it all the time... soldiers would simply walk up to and quickly throw them back... which we can all agree wouldnt be happening... ever, in reality.

What happens then is people get sick of their nades coming back, so they learn to cook them perfectly, which, as you can imagine, leads to other complaints.

The only way I could see something like this working without being abused would be to activate the ability to pick up a live grenade and throw it ONLY IF YOU ARE PRONE, that is to say you wouldnt have the ability to do so in a crouched or standing position, that way if one lands next to your face, you can throw it away (which doesnt mean it wont blow up in your hand, you just never know, lol).

... but even then I could imagine people, if the distance was close enough, running and diving on nades just to throw them back, so I dont know how that would actually play out.

Upvote 0
Ye I see what you mean now, I never thought of people cooking the grenades good point. Mabey it should only be used in differnt type of cercumstances, like while in prone like you said, if that is what you ment lol. But then people might say, why not just let us throw them back however the postion we are in. But since RO:O is looking for realism, I supose that would make the game more realistic, some people have been saying they didnt throw grenades back and some have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0