• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Commanders on arty maps must be kicked by 5 votes max

Diamond said:
I get sick of retarded MGs and snipers. People that setup the MG in the worst spot ever and just stay there for the entire round, only getting 5 kills.

And the opposite of that, people who try to attack with the MG are even worse.

I'll attack with the mg34 and fire from hip most of the time.

Tracers, the frequent reloads, the poor long distance accuracy, strong recoil and the minimal suppressive power makes it a rather shitty stationary weapon.

2 good riflemen with rested weapons and some cover can do a better defensive job than the RO MGs, and they will survive longer.

When Tripwire fixes the MG, they will get used properly.

Upvote 0
Diamond said:
And the opposite of that, people who try to attack with the MG are even worse.

Not always. On Koitos for example, offensive MG can be used to devastating effect. The pistol is great for the CQC that occurs in the capzones, and even hipping with the MG isn't that terrible, and then once you get the building cleared, you can just set up at some stairs or by the door, and gun down anyone who enters.

Upvote 0
Droog said:
I hate n00bs.

Well, you have lots of workarounds to your problem, i.e:

-Set your own server up, so you can kick anybody you'd like to;

-Create a mutator and offer it to the admin of the server(s) you use to play;

-'Vote' yourself out, means look for another server if you don't like what you find where you are currently playing;

-Teach the newbies how to do it right;

You see you have plenty of possibilities to go around the problem without having other people doing it for you. Give it a try, and the tell us how you succeed.

Upvote 0
The problem is, most servers always has one or two noobs that would hijack the best classes for themselves and not get a damn kill the entire map.

My only solutions to that problem is to:

- Hang around the noob with said weapon (i.e., Sniper rifle) and wait for him to get killed to pick it up.
- TK him in an "accidental" manner, such as a grenade, and say "sorry". Pick up said weapon.
- Wait until the map is over, hope your computer loads the next map faster than the other guy, and hijack Scharfschutze class for yourself.

So, as you can see, it's all a competition of who can get what first, which isn't an effective meter of how one is proficient with said class.

Upvote 0
ok i admit i am a n00b in the commander class instead of looking out of the spotter glasses i go to were the objective save that postion and when the time comes we lossing that objective i say FALL BACK ARTY INCOMING about four times by then even the n00bs learn a new tactic. TK IS NEVER AN CHOICE! :mad: its messed up when your naded or shot because you a sniper and your not so hot. if you kill the person for the weapon your more a n00b than him. if your good with the sniper ask for it or wait till the guy dies.

THANKS FOR THE CHICKEN
Kavelin

Upvote 0
Tripwire should add this on RO retail boxes:

Minimum requirements:

Pentium 4/Athlon 1.3GHz processor or better
Windows 2000/XP, 256MB RAM
DirectX 9 supported 3D graphics card with 64MB Video Memory (ATI 7500, Nvidia MX440 or better)
DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
DirectX 9.0c (included)
2GB free hard drive space

Minimum requirements to maybe have a chance to play as sniper:

Pentium 4/Athlon 2.8GHz processor or better
Windows 2000/XP, 1GB RAM
DirectX 9 supported 3D graphics card with 256MB Video Memory (ATI 7500, Nvidia MX440 or better)
DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
DirectX 9.0c (included)
2GB free hard drive space

Upvote 0
Kavelin said:
if you kill the person for the weapon your more a n00b than him.
Kavelin

Not quite. I've seen worse. A couple of times on Basovka, for example, I've seen a bunch of Russians cooperating pretty well in TKing an unresponsive commander who wouldn't use arty, as soon as he leaved the spawn. The point is, on Basovka you WILL lose the round if you don't use arty. The hijacker eventually got frustrated and left the server. Harrassing the commander who ruins the fun for 15 other people, doesn't respond in chat, doesn't do anything at all, is legit!

You naysayers may be enchanted by some electronic "team spirit" or "cooperation", but I just want my team to win, it's that simple. Will I TK for a sniper rifle (BTW I hate sniping) on Odessa if my teammates are decimated by some MG form the building across the square and the sniper is doing nothing? Absolutely. The n00b will have to wait mere 10 sec for the respawn, you get -2 points, your team wins the map. Very nice.

BUT: I do think there must be a civilized way to demote these players by simplified voting or other means. You can't pick up a commander's or sapper's kit and the classes are limited, unlike in BF2. This is the problem with the gameplay that must be recognized.

Upvote 0
Droog said:
Who else is tired of losing round after round on Basovka and other arty maps because of incompetent noobs who salivate at the word "komandir" and then hijack the class w/o even knowing how to use artillery?!

Usually majority of players don't even know how to kick vote, or nobody bothers, so your team is screwed form the start.

Please let the players who occupy the crucial classes (such as saper on Stalingrad or komandir on Basovka) be demoted if top 5 players vote for it!

haha lmao are you serious? You are playing on public servers and don

Upvote 0
Droog said:
Maybe you can open a school for noobs if you are willing, but I play for enjoyment like 99% of people out there, and if one incompetent player is ruining the fun for other 15 players on his team, he must be kicked (at least back to the class selection screen). How on Earth would you teach somebody who never even replies to you in chat to use arty in 15 minutes, and why would you bother? There's offline play for that.

maybe its the way "how" some people ask them ... why they dont answer. There are always 2 sides of the coin.

im way more pissed of by adriver, who drives directly in enemy tanks/positions, without fear to loose (i usualy get out then and see him burning and wasting the tank) or tank comanders, that never give a shot, EVEN when you see there gun pointing on the enemy tank for at least 1min. as well i always find my self then, watching (after i got out) this tank burning with the noob inside, that even does not think it is necesary to reply on a "woud you please stop" or "pleas shot the enemy at 11clock" ... how do this people get there game even to work :confused:

Upvote 0
AtW said:
Bottom line is that players should be able to vote for stuff like this - and weight of votes should be based on score.

Wrong. No votes should ever be weighted because of score. Where do people come off and think they should get more voting power because they may have a higher score than others? :rolleyes:

Way to be a team player....

Upvote 0
=GG= Mr Moe said:
No votes should ever be weighted because of score. Where do people come off and think they should get more voting power because they may have a higher score than others? :rolleyes:

No its right - you can get high score if you play in a team. Quiet obviously word of some guy with +50 points on top of the board should weight more over some guy with -5 points: its a fair merit based system that allows easy overriding of those who don't actually play the game, ie TKers.

IMO best equipment should be issues to the most skilled troops - this is how it was done in real life, so if you get high points then top tank should be reserved for you, and others get chance to prove themselves in other tanks which is perfectly doable - good player with 0 points can join active server and quickly achieve points if playing in team-like way, exactly the kind of thing that RO should be good for.

Upvote 0
AtW said:
No its right - you can get high score if you play in a team. Quiet obviously word of some guy with +50 points on top of the board should weight more over some guy with -5 points: its a fair merit based system that allows easy overriding of those who don't actually play the game, ie TKers.

IMO best equipment should be issues to the most skilled troops - this is how it was done in real life, so if you get high points then top tank should be reserved for you, and others get chance to prove themselves in other tanks which is perfectly doable - good player with 0 points can join active server and quickly achieve points if playing in team-like way, exactly the kind of thing that RO should be good for.

Sorry, I believe you're still wrong. Some players stay back a bit, as many rifleman and those with MGs should. Those with smgs are best suited for capping objectives, thus usually garnering more points. Not to mention a commander will get more points just because it is set up that way, whether he is a bad or good player. Plus, its possible to get shot constantly, respawn with everyone else and just hand the MG guy some ammo and rack up enormous points, without ever killing someone or capping an objective. What about the sapper who legitimately tosses a satchel to have a bunch of players not paying any attention at all rush up into it and be killed - Happens and the negative affect to his score usually not the sapper's fault in that case. Besides, what do you propose for the start of a game when everyone's score is zero? :eek: Not a global ranking system like BF2 I hope! :eek:

If you want to create a mutator and put it on your own server, I say go for it. I am sure some people would love it. Others may put it on their own servers. That would be the best way to go about it if you wish to pursue it. :)

-----------------------

***But personally, its best to keep the "I am the uber 1337 and I deserve more say than others" garbage out of the actual game itself.***

Upvote 0
In real war those who succeed get higher vote by virtue of higher rank: word from Wittman would cout more than word of a rookie: its no democracy you know, of course some people won't like it - but most of them should be low scoring people, particularly TKers.

Of course this system should be switchable off, but IMO it should be on by default - way too often Admins are not on server and it only makes sense to have reasonable system allowing player to self-organise, giving higher vote to those with high points makes perfect sense. Perhaps it should not be 1 point 1 vote, but say everyone gets 1 vote point anyway (unless you have negative score), then 2 points for 5-10 score, 3 points for 10-20, 4 points for 20-50 and 5 more. This way one person would not be able to overrule everyone, but if top 5 most scoring player vote to replace commander with low points then tuff luck - that person should prove himself in other capacity first.

Upvote 0