• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Critical Error

pedobear

Jul 23, 2006
Hi, everybody.
Well, I got a problem.. I bought RO, installed Steam and registered and installed RO. When I try to start the game, it runs like it has to, but.. just until I can see the main menu. Now when I click at anything (for exampe Configuration), RO crashes down and a "Critical Error" Window appears. It contains the following message:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2073 MHz with 767MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9800 SERIES (6618)

General protection fault!

History: UGUIComponent::RelativeTop <- (ROGUIProportionalContainer Package.ROGUIProportionalContainer) <- UGUIComponent::execRelativeTop <- (ROGUIProportionalContainer Package.ROGUIProportionalContainer @ Function ROInterface.ROGUIProportionalContainer.InternalPreDraw : 01C4) <- UObject::processEvent <- (ROMainMenu Package.ROMainMenu, Function ROInterface.ROMainMenu.ButtonClick) <- UObject::processDelegate <- UGUIComponent::MouseReleased <- (GUIButton Package.GUIButton) <- UGUIController::MouseReleased <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent::LeftMouseClick <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessKeyEvent <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Unbenannt <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 09EC6000 1340 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 335*4 <- UALAudioSubsystem::Flush <- UALAudioSubsystem::Shutdown <- UALAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError

I've got a Radeon 9800pro and tried different drivers (Newest Catalyst and Omega as well), but it seems to be a sound problem, I think, because of "UALAudioSubsystem::Shutdown" (but I may be wrong as well). I use my onboard sound of my ASUS mainboard (SoundMAX Digital Audio).

I tried to uninstall RO and install it again, but that didn't fix the problem.

It would be great, if anybody could help me out!

ps: I heard this would be a UT engine error, but this knowledge does not help me either.

So here's my red orchestra log (taken from system folder)

Uninitialized: Log file open, 07/24/06 14:43:16
Uninitialized: STEAMAUTH : SteamStartup successful
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
Init: Version: 3339 (128.29)
Init: Compiled: Jun 20 2006 14:55:02
Init: Command line:
Init: Character set: Unicode
Init: Base directory: d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra\System\
Init: Ini:RedOrchestra.ini UserIni:User.ini
Init: Build label: Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Log: ati2dvag.dll/RADEON 9800 SERIES
Log: Game class is 'GameInfo'
Log: Bringing Level Entry.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds: 3.518000...
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging Falsch
Log: Browse: ROintro.rom?Name=ROPlayer?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=G_Heer1?team=1?Sex=M
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 26883->26883; refs: 264383
Log: Game class is 'CinematicGame'
Log: Bringing Level ROintro.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds: 6.579000...
Log: (Karma): Autodetecting CPU for SSE
Log: (Karma): Using SSE Optimizations
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging Falsch
ScriptLog: ROGUIController initialized
Log: ALAudio: Using DirectSound to record audio.
Warning: Konnte 'NULL': Kann Paketnamen nicht aufl

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You know what sticks out here, the 767MB of RAM !!!!

You would have to have at least couple of sticks in your machine for that number.

1. Is the spec of memory the same, example CAS latency is a biggie.

You could have one stick with a CAS of 2.5 and another with 3.0 .

Or the one of the sticks is stuffed.

Do a google search on memtest86 and create a boot floppy or CD from the installer .

EDIT: Also WTF is a "pedobear" ?

Upvote 0