• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

y dont the russians have a halftrack

They built almost zero armored cars and APCs. As I've said repeatedly in other threads, they only built 5,000 BA-64Bs. Compared to over 57,000 T-34s, the BA-64Bs were nothing more than a scout vehicle. No Russian commander would risk his armored cars in a full on assault, unless they were a weapon of absolute desperation. The only real fighting they got was in urban settings, where their MGs could fire at infantry hiding on the upper floors of buildings.

What they were most-definitely NOT used for was sending a team of sappers towards an enemy tank, resulting in both the destruction of the sappers and the armored car itself. The armored car was far more important, and would never be risked in such a manner.

Nor did a unit with a size of 200 men have any more than a single BA-64 to put to use. They weren't overly common, and had to be evenly distributed.

Light armored vehicles and anti-tank infantry weapons were two things that very nearly didn't exist for the Russians. Tripwire saw fit to overmodel both of them, while, at the same time, reducing the German advantage in both.

I guess, since this is a game, things have to be fair.

That's why the Russians have the advantage in any possible area you can think of. Hell, even the Russian and German sniper rifles aren't the same. The Russian sniper rifle comes with 9 clips, whereas the German one comes with 6. I'll stop now.

Also, the only Russian halftrack made during the war was the BA-30. Good luck finding information on it. It wasn't a troop carrier, either.

Upvote 0
The Russians do need some type of troop transport because they can't ride on tanks, which was the practice in reality.

The Russian disadvantage in hand-held anti-tank weapons isn't represented in the game, but neither is their huge advantage in number of operational tanks. However, RO isn't a sim. It could be made to be one in the future but for now it seems we will have to live with some balancing considerations in one form or another.

Upvote 0