• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is - Svt-40

Sight

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2006
Dear Developers

The SVT-40 seems to be too small compared to the real IS of the gun.Of course the weapon is brilliant and very strong in the game,so many people will say: "Hey,i love the SVt-40,leave it as it is."

Here is a picture of the IS of the SVT-40 :
http://www.gunpics.net/ironsights/svt40.html

As you can see the IS is in fact smaller than the ones of other weapons,yet the front of the IS is cleary visible and way bigger than in RO.

It would be great if the IS could become bigger and more like the real gun,so the IS is more close to the screen.

Another thing i ve to add:

Many IS have a bad contrast compared to the surrounding environment,specially on urban maps.Often the front of the IS "disappears" in a wall as there is hardly any contrast.

I love RO,it s a fantastic game.

Thx for listening

Last edited:
I appreciate your post very much,it s always amazeing when somebody who actually owns and even shot theses weapons can make a statement.Thanks a lot for your answer!

The developers made a brilliant game,it seems like they only made the real big mistakes when it comes to the recoil.For example the recoil of the PPSH-41 is way too strong,especially while standing.Almost any SMG has too much recoil while standing.

As you are interested in weapons,check these videos of the PPSH-41 in action:
http://www.ppsh41.com/mpg.html

Again,thx a lot for your answer

All the best.

Upvote 0
Also agree on that.

Part of the problem is that they may have implemented the absurd recoil on the SMGs for game ballancing. Otherwise SMGs would rule the online battlefield if implemented correctly. Same with the SVT40, in that they wanted to ballance it out with the bolt guns by adding absurd recoil too it as a form of trade-off for having a semi auto.

Either that or they saw some guy limp-wristing an SVT40 and used that as a model. I dunno.

IIRC the developers had examples of many guns before they made them and even fired some (I think). But I don't believe they had the pleasure of shooting any real Full Auto models. Maybe they will jump in here with some info.

Regardless though, your video pretty much sums up what it should be like. I would like to see initial first shot recoil and then see the weapon ballance itself out after initial recoil as in real life. After effect would be that everybody will want an SMG in short range maps. But wasn't that the case in WWII?

Upvote 0
D3terioNation said:
SVT too much recoil.... right.

If you lowered the recoil, you would just turn it into a hipshooters rail-gun dream :)

As for the view, it is probably a bit thin.

well, as i heard, its not able to shot the SVT/G43 as fast you can pull the triger ... like its in game now.

And from all videos i seen, they shot the semi rifles with much higher delay between the shots. Though i coud be wrong here, is never used one of them.

Upvote 0
No, the SVT shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger. This is indicitave of all Semi Auto rifles. That's why they are called them Semi-Auto in the first place.

The problem stems from having to realign your sight picture after each shot because of the muzzle climb from recoil. This is WAY overdone in the game vs real life.

In real life my SVT barrel only climbs approx 1/2 inch upwards from recoil allowing me quick follow up shots. In the game the damn thing goes up something like 2-3 inches and if you keep shooting in rapid succession you rifle will be wind up shooting at the moon.

The same problem presents itself with the SMGs in this game in that you should only have to adjust for the initial burst recoil and then the weapon should be ballanced out. In the game however, the muzzle keeps climbing up as if the weapons was ballanced on a string with nothing holding it or something.

I understand the game ballance issues but I also think it needs to be toned down a bit to more realistic recoil levels.

Upvote 0
Sight said:
I appreciate your post very much,it s always amazeing when somebody who actually owns and even shot theses weapons can make a statement.Thanks a lot for your answer!

The developers made a brilliant game,it seems like they only made the real big mistakes when it comes to the recoil.For example the recoil of the PPSH-41 is way too strong,especially while standing.Almost any SMG has too much recoil while standing.

As you are interested in weapons,check these videos of the PPSH-41 in action:
http://www.ppsh41.com/mpg.html

Again,thx a lot for your answer

All the best.
Sorry but the first three PPSH-41's in the videos are .22 conversions, as such having much less recoil. The last video being of a 9mm. I've yet to see a video of a REAL PPSH-41 fire 7.62x25 ammunition.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
D3terioNation said:
SVT too much recoil.... right.

If you lowered the recoil, you would just turn it into a hipshooters rail-gun dream :)

As for the view, it is probably a bit thin.

They should reduce the recoil when you have the bipod icon. As it is if you rest the SVT on a sandbag and fire the recoil is too much. I agree, don't reduce the recoil for hip shooting, but they should a little for IS and a lot for the resting against something shots.

Upvote 0