• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Multiple Reload sequences

Skip

Grizzled Veteran
May 3, 2006
Not every soldier messes up loading that last bullet with a bolt action rifle, so I think you should make 3-4 different animations for the reload sequence for every gun and when a player respawns they are given 1 of the several sets of reload anims.

Messes up? For reloading the mosin series of rifle with their particular stripper clips requires the awkward reloading animation you see ingame. Though not for the Kar, those rounds should slide on in with a simple push (minor annoyance). Also, 3-4 different animations :confused:? Beyond adding filling up a partially full internal magazine with "loose" rounds, how many other ways can you reload a bolt action rifle?

Upvote 0
Well, sometimes slightly different things can happen. Hold it in a different location on the barrel, slightly different adjustment of the hand, etc. As it is, it's the exact same static animation each time, and it becomes fairly obvious after the third or so time. This can also apply for other guns. The guy could accidentally miss the hole for the clip ocasionally, shaking hands, etc. Use your imagination.

Upvote 0
Byte Me said:
Messes up? For reloading the mosin series of rifle with their particular stripper clips requires the awkward reloading animation you see ingame. Though not for the Kar, those rounds should slide on in with a simple push (minor annoyance). Also, 3-4 different animations :confused:? Beyond adding filling up a partially full internal magazine with "loose" rounds, how many other ways can you reload a bolt action rifle?

I was going to ask the same thing. How many ways are their?

Upvote 0
Oh yeah I think the reload animations when proning should be alot different from the others. Your lying flat on the ground with the gravity dragging you down, your arms would feel the punishment of it, so maybe kinda have the weapon resting on the ground while performing the reload.

Upvote 0
I like this idea, but you have to remember that were not saying it has to be done now now now, we all know there are other matters to attend to first.

I would suggest that they just make one or two at a time when they have some free time and just add them gradually untill all of them are done, I would suggest tackeling animations for proning first.

Upvote 0