• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tanks a little weak in the ear?

araub

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2006
Hey, great mod I love it, and cant wait for patch. But whenever I play a tank map, it seems that the tank isnt loud at all. I mean it is as loud as a person riding a bike right next to me:). Does anyone else notice this? I mean it should be atleast close to defaning. Am I wrong?

Since I prefer not to play my games with ear protection on I have no problem with the tank sounds. You may notice that after an evening spent firing thousands of rounds of ammunition in game, to say nothing of grenades and artillery, you can still hear?

If you wanted truely accurate sounds you would come away from a night of RO deaf as a post.

Upvote 0
araub said:
Hey, great mod I love it, and cant wait for patch. But whenever I play a tank map, it seems that the tank isnt loud at all. I mean it is as loud as a person riding a bike right next to me:). Does anyone else notice this? I mean it should be atleast close to defaning. Am I wrong?

Wanna say that again if you had a full 5.1 sound system with a subwoofer turned on with maximum bass? Now that's loud. :D

Upvote 0
Yeah, I currently have no issue with how loud the tanks are, as I'm grateful the next morning insofar as that I can still hear.

But, I they need to up the distance that tanks are heard from. Nothing more annoying than running around as an infantryman in maps like Arad, running around a building, and coming face to face with a moving tank.

In real life, not only would you have HEARD the bastard half an hour before, but you would know where they were, due to vibrations in the ground.

Or do the Devs want me to believe that a 60 tonne hunk of metal runs around as quietly as a kitten on carpet?

Just kidding. Love you devs! ;)

Upvote 0
I hope they do also. The tanks need to be groundbreakingly loud, and yes loud enough to disrupt teamspeak, because that's realism hehe. I'd love to have realistically loud tanks simply because right now it's possible for one to sneak up on me while i'm on foot. Tank and sneak don't belong in the same sentence, let alone in a videogame based around realism.

Also when one drives by it should blur the screen a little to simulate being disoriented by the sound. :D

Upvote 0
Vadin said:
yeah that is one thing about war games they have to have all the sounds around the same level I think because otherwise if you had to have your volume down then all of a suddon an explosion goes off it would be way to loud.

It would be cool if they could do that. Or, at least make the sounds relative to each other. For example, normally a rifle would be loud in game. But if there's an explosion or a tank driving by, that'll be loud while the rifle sounds would be made soft temporarily. Just an idea.

I'd prefer simply having an option to make explosions and tank sounds louder.

Upvote 0
Reise said:
I hope they do also. The tanks need to be groundbreakingly loud, and yes loud enough to disrupt teamspeak, because that's realism hehe. I'd love to have realistically loud tanks simply because right now it's possible for one to sneak up on me while i'm on foot. Tank and sneak don't belong in the same sentence, let alone in a videogame based around realism.

Also when one drives by it should blur the screen a little to simulate being disoriented by the sound. :D

i agree, hope they think about this in the ue3 RO

Upvote 0