• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Russian APC seriously needed?

Russian APC seriously needed?

• Yes, Russians need an APC and I dont care what type.

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • Yes, Russians need a Russian-built APC

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • Yes, Russians need a Lend-Lease APC

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • No, I don't feel Russians need an APC.

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters
I am sure everyone would like larger transportation for the Russians.

As far as the 'clown car' goes, I don't think it is really the problem so much as the quick entry/exit of vehicles that is the problem.

I for one would be happy with the introduction of more vehicles.

Imagine a battle where two recon forces run into each other...infantry and light armor battle. :)

Upvote 0
=GG= Mr Moe said:
Imagine a battle where two recon forces run into each other...infantry and light armor battle. :)

i was thinking of a "crossroads" kind of map, where the russians spwan near a town with x-roads, and the germans roll in with a few halftracks, and try to take and hold the strategic cross roads town. maybe have a bridge to hold....yeah......

now if i only didn't suck at mapping :(

Upvote 0
Maybe a lend-lease M2 or M3 Halftrack for the Russians, and an SdKfz 221 for the Germans:

M2 Halftrack (the M3 was slightly longer)
m2halftrack.jpg

SdKfz 221
02516.jpg

The SdKfz could have two seats; while the M3 has a whole of.. 9 I think.
Both are only equipped with machineguns.

Those would make a nice addition. What I would also like is the ability as a commander to switch to a binocular position like in tanks to mark spots, since these vehicles (BA and SdKfz22x) were used as scouts.

Upvote 0
Recce said:
From another thread -->
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabex
Sdkfz 222 with mobile artillery calling... please please...

There are lots of people on the forum who would like to see the SdKfz 222 make it into RO:OST. I've found posts by Kabex, Saddletank, [CoFR]BooBoo, Karl Stiner and myself to name a few. I feel pride of place goes to Cool Shadow, who I think got the first post in, with skin.

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6742&highlight=sdkfz

I prefer the Sdkfz 222 / 223 because it was in production for so long, finally ending early 1944. It's a good match to the BA-64, which borrowed heavily from it. It's role on the battlefield would be clearer than the heavier recce vehicles that Germany produced.

The Germans do need a scout vehicle of their own. It's needed to bring some balance to the BA-64. There will be servers with both sides using them as clown cars and there will be servers where we'll use them to reconnoitre the enemy. I know where I'll be.

PS. Give the Russians a truck to move groups of troops around, to match the German shell magnet. Sorry, I meant "half-track"

I know this quote started off about a bulk troop carried for the Russians, it's back to being a light vehicles thread.

And while the half-track is a shell-magnet on the combined-arms maps, I'd really like the Russians to have one.
So I can shoot at it from my tank :D

Upvote 0