• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My little idea. :P

Karuzu

May 15, 2006
[FONT=&quot]I think that when you get shot (anywhere but the head) you should fall over as usual, but not die. It goes into the 'you-can-see-your-hands' view and you stay there. If your enemy shoots you while you’re on the ground, you die, and respawn normally. But, if a teammate gets to you first, he can drag you off of the battlefield and back to your spawn point. Once you get there you'll respawn without using any respawn points. Plus, the soldier that dragged you off gets like 5 or 10 points for it. That way it encourages more teamwork, all the while making it more realistic. Anyway, that's something I would love in the game. :)

Oh, and depending on how bad your wound is, you'll bleed to death after a certain amount of time.
[/FONT]

it might not be very fun to have to wait while someone drags you in, for example, stalingradkessel, from the southern railway back to the soviet spawn.. i would just want to die and be there immediately :D also, dont make the enemy shoot you twice, if this would be implemented ( but my guess is it will not ) you just lay there, you can be dragged only in your respawn time, or else youll die ( the clock ticking down when you get shot, for when you spawn. if a buddy grabs you in time, he can drag you, if the time ran out, you will die and respawn normally )
if players would be given a choice in wether to be dragged or not, they would die and respawn immediately so that is not an option IMO.

this would make people fear death more too :D ****** i dont wanna get dragged now! :( * and go extra carefull

Upvote 0
Teq said:
To all of you that disrespect others ideas and just criticize:
1) It takes some courage for a person to state his idea
2) its 100 times easier to criticize others than it is to be able to find something positive and fruitfull in others ideas.
3) Ppl laughing of others (as they know it all best)... well, what do theese ppl even post on this forum? I guess you are afraid of being judged you selves, so you play safe and criticize....

And to you people who think it'd be cool to have a feature where your fighting ability is completely reduced/eradicated and you are immobilized, do you think about how lame that would be? Sure, it sounds like a cool idea, but remember the mod days, where you were almost completely frozen in place when hit? People got so pissed off, and it was a hated feature. Putting in something like this would be a great way to completely ruin RO:O and drive away half of the already-small niche player base.

Upvote 0
Not so. First of all, there should be a system to make it so you cannot get points for a teammate who was TKed. Sure, there are acidental TKs out there, but tough. It'll make it impossible to exploit. Second, I agree with the person who said that this is only something that happens while the respawn timer goes. It starts when you fall down wounded, and when it runs out, it fades to black and you respawn again, as it would normally. Except this time it's more exciting than a silly black screen. Maybe a sexy effect could be thrown in too, like a slow gray fade around the edges. :p

Upvote 0
This idea would be a good one, but dying and dragging people around is silly.

I think for this to work you'd need to have a sort of mechanic where if you're shot up with bullets, you're knocked down, dazed, incapacitated, and vulnerable.

Then it would be viable for a teammate to drag you behind cover so that you may recover enough to start fighting again.

Not realistic at all, but I think it would be fun and I would love to see more dome with the ragdoll view than just when you die.

Upvote 0