• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Booster pack changes

I think I'm really gonna like the new map, those foresty type maps are tight stuff. Hopefully if people use the smoke grenades right it will give some dudes the courage to MOVE UP and stop hanging back out of the objective area just to get killed anyway. It'll also be neat to no longer be killed by guys aiming skyward who appear to not be aiming at you at all, nice to see that fixed. Thanks a lot for the updates Tripwire, you guys are starting to surpass Bungie and Valve as one of my favorite developers :) .

P.S. That Amerikaner guy should be an example to not insult people who take pride in what they make. I make maps for Novalogic games a lot, and it really irks me when people blatantly and falsefully insult something that took a lot of effort. Also, some people really need to learn when to back down a tad.

Upvote 0
Obviously Amerikaner was too hard to please. I expect to not see him playing on Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 after this, because of the so-called "improvements" the game needs. God! I mean, having a ring around the K-98 sights really pisses me off!

Leave it as a lesson to those who don't appreciate the tireless efforts of Tripwire and the development staff, thank you for giving the community a chance to pitch in and suggest ideas to help make this game better. Although Amerikaner was a good example of one abusing this power, keep up the good work and make damned sure that UT 3.0 engine doesn't collect dust for good!

:cool:

Upvote 0
I'm glad to hear there is UE3 work being done. I was about to make a thread asking if TW was up to anything with UE3...but didn't want to add to the existing UE3 threads.

UE3 UE3 UE3

lawl

As far as the new content is concerned:

I'm grateful for it. As a bayo-intensive player of course the close contact fixes make life easier for me. Smoke was something I'd been a proponent of all along. And the new map...being a mapper myself (albeit not with Unreal), I know it takes time to produce a quality map. That TW did it in about a month (maybe more) is very noteworthy.

I guess it was UberMap1 :p

Upvote 0
please have stalingrad kessel please have stalingrad kessel please have stalingrad kessel

I mean if Stalingrad Kessel isn't one of them I guess that's okay but.. come on!

Smoke grenades were MADE for that map! Okay well I guess you'd have to ask the person who actually made them which maps they were made for which was the whole point of Munk's question.

I'm rambling because I'm excited at the prospect of smoke grenades on Stalingrad Kessel.

Edit: OH GOD THEY'RE ACTUALLY MAKING SOMETHING FOR THE UE3 ENGINE

edit#2: please be a jetski action-sim

edit#3: named Wave Hero

Upvote 0
I am happy to see a new map, although I don't know if I am exactly going to "wet myself" like so many other people are doing.

I was hoping more to see fixes for the armor. Nothing was mentioned about fixing the PTRD penetration, SU76 or other faults with the penetration system.

Curious too that the M44 isn't getting its finished animation set yet, but that doesn't really bother me.

Upvote 0
First of all Amerikaner, is the biggest asshole in the world, I can attest to this by knowing him in real life. As a matter of fact he just told my friend that she is fat, and then told her that I put him up to it. Way to ruin my weekend Kaner.

Second of all anyone who posts more then once a day in a forum is a jargon sucking ****** think about it. And this is comming from somone who has no social life. Just shut the F up and play the game then uninstall once you meet Amerikaner, Lemur, and Chambers on a server and are repediately pwnd. Then go masturbate.

Third of all, Ostfront is NOT living up to the hype that we gave it. It looks like a cartoon and all the guns sound like they are .22's
The mod looked and felt more real, whereas Ostfront just has some better features. I devoted pretty much 2 years of my life playing the mod for 8 hours everyday, xfire says 1200 hours. Now I barely play Ostfront twice a week.

Lastly, maybe if the devs spent more time reading our posts in the suggestions forums, and less time being nazi police of the general forums, the game might be more realistic. Last time I checked, critizing something makes that something want to become more successful, unless that something is a female. And the only thing I see around here is a bunch of panty waisted women who like to watch drama (or create it) and cry. Except Ramm-Jaeger, cuz hes The Man and the only dev I ever see PLAYING THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good night gentlemen.

Upvote 0
Lemur, why is it that almost every post of your's appears to constantly spew out idiotic tripe? You whine and complain without ever taking a glance back towards yourself. You criticize the actions of others while releasing a torrent of disheveled, abhorently spelled words. Your arguments are completely unsubstantiated as well. For instance, you claim that:"Third of all, Ostfront is NOT living up to the hype that we gave it. It looks like a cartoon and all the guns sound like they are .22's The mod looked and felt more real" The question is not whether the game had lived up to our hype, but instead, whether it stood up to yours. You use the word we as if you are backed by an invisible crowd of supporters, but there is no such source, only your opinion. Your complaints as well are pure opinions, I myself find the weapon sound to be fine, and the art style to feel more gritty than cartoonish. Is this fact? No, it is opinion.

Another claim of yours is that none of the developers personally play the game on public servers, this is completely untrue. I have encountered various developers plenty of times on the servers, take this statement as you wish, I like you do not have substantiated evidence, but I do not hide behind words. When I observe your behavior, I cannot help but think of you as having a delayed maturity. You attack others with thinly veiled insults, lacking any substance or supporting information. To be honest, you act like a child. Lemur, I used to think that you had some resemblence of maturity (Well, over a year ago atleast...), but it appears that I am wrong. Amerikaner, I have minor respect for you, but this was far from a demonstration of maturity, and I hope you see your errors here, I used to think that you wern't part of this brigade of imbiciles (You know who I am talking about), and I still hope you aren't, but I cannot see the difference anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
Yes I did quit mapping. If you would bother to read the thread I actually praised Dingbat for having the patience to stick with it. Just because its not my cup of tea doesnt mean Im lazy like you seem to be attacking me with.

But thank you very much Wilsonam for proving my point. There is no way you would ever get so angry if I wasnt at least partially speaking the truth. If you really were confident in the work output you would just laugh me off. But you havent.

Feel free to ban me.

Lol you can lead a horse to water..lol but in your case fella I would poison the well.
Now if you had been with a lot of us rebels when we organised the server strike for Call of Duty 2 you might have had a case for calling the Development team a few choice names and with good cause because the support for that title is simply appalling.
But in this instance you are way way off the mark and instead of sounding like a concerned fan you sound like a fanatic obsessed with getting his own way!

Tripwire are blazing a trail here when it comes to support and what they are offering is for the most part way ahead of virtually any other Development team.

Maybe you don't think so and if that is the case I would suggest you move on and find a title and development team that offers you the type of game and input you so obviously crave?

Upvote 0
americana said:
There is no way you would ever get so angry if I wasnt at least partially speaking the truth.
Duuude, you've never been angry at someone? When they repeatedly say the same rubbish over and over without listening to you, you get angry.

I'm amazed the devs have kept so civil! Hats off to you. (sorry to continue this further though)

Upvote 0
k98Lemur said:
First of all Amerikaner, is the biggest asshole in the world, I can attest to this by knowing him in real life. As a matter of fact he just told my friend that she is fat, and then told her that I put him up to it. Way to ruin my weekend Kaner.

Second of all anyone who posts more then once a day in a forum is a jargon sucking ****** think about it. And this is comming from somone who has no social life. Just shut the F up and play the game then uninstall once you meet Amerikaner, Lemur, and Chambers on a server and are repediately pwnd. Then go masturbate.

Third of all, Ostfront is NOT living up to the hype that we gave it. It looks like a cartoon and all the guns sound like they are .22's
The mod looked and felt more real, whereas Ostfront just has some better features. I devoted pretty much 2 years of my life playing the mod for 8 hours everyday, xfire says 1200 hours. Now I barely play Ostfront twice a week.

Lastly, maybe if the devs spent more time reading our posts in the suggestions forums, and less time being nazi police of the general forums, the game might be more realistic. Last time I checked, critizing something makes that something want to become more successful, unless that something is a female. And the only thing I see around here is a bunch of panty waisted women who like to watch drama (or create it) and cry. Except Ramm-Jaeger, cuz hes The Man and the only dev I ever see PLAYING THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good night gentlemen.

Wow that was retarded...

Another example why people below the age of 15 should not be allowed to play the game or be registered on these forums :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Nice to hear some more things being added. :D

Tank round choice a good one as atm its a real pain if you try to change to the HE in mid fight when the AP are not needed.

Not sure on the smoke though as I always found it to be a bit of a frame killer on lower end machines (Frag-Ops, Tactical Ops some games I played with smoke), Fingers X that its not too bad.

Bet they will catch a few out for the first week, as they throw a nade expecting it to blow up the enemy only to envelope them in a cloud of dense smoke. :p

New map screenies looking sexy as always, Hats off to your mappers on that one.

May be able to have a go before the school holidays start & the kiddies want to go spend my hard earned cash on days out

Upvote 0
THG repo said:
Have you noticed "free blah blah"

Its like they think they can sell a patch...or at least plan on selling a "expansion" thats just a patch.

I think this patch is a little gimiky hope their working on proper stuff.

I dont think they would sell future patches.. if they did, it would have to be plugins, something like a new map... or extra uniforms.. weapons.. so that people that didnt buy the patch can play the game without these new features. I dont see them doing this.. but I've been wondering why it's the first time they put "Free" on a patch.

Upvote 0