• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Booster pack changes

[RO]schneidzekk said:
That is kinda normal. All the major additions were made. Introducing tanks or MGs isn't possible anymore.

Well, we could add some different sight hoods. ;)

Anyways, i hope you get it.

No, sorry, I dont get it. What you're saying is basically you have nothing to do because everything major is already done, right? Shouldnt that make it all the easier to get the things on the list I posted incorporated?

Upvote 0
deargod.jpg

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
No, sorry, I dont get it. What you're saying is basically you have nothing to do because everything major is already done, right? Shouldnt that make it all the easier to get the things on the list I posted incorporated?

Mmmmm mistake number one there is no "I" in team and RO is a team based game.

As Yoshiro pointed out not everyone has the same idea when it comes to a perfect game.
One mans meat is another mans poison so whilst I like some of your suggestions you have to consider that others may not and so do Tripwire.

I think 3 patches a new file system to improve loading times and countless system fixes posted in these boards is pretty damn good going for a game that's only 5 months old.

And they are promising even more in the future some of which may even be on your list.

For now I think everyone is pretty much pleased by yet another patch with more fixes and more new content and so should you too Amerikaner.
Remember it's free unlike the new content released by another well known title..:D

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:

Well, you obviously ignore the fact that your list isn't our list.

Since we went pro, we hunt the young ladies Ramm hired, cause we do not think of the future and do not care about RO.

Don't forget the Lambos.

Upvote 0
lets all also remember that as Mod they were part of the Make something unreal contest and I do believe you had to sumbit new releases within a certain time frame, hence the fast releases. I also believe that there were some very buggy issues out there (only played the mod for alittle over a year so....) So while they were released faster, they werent always better releases.

Also I am not sure why people say there being slow at releasing things. Let take a look at other games. COD2, almost a year now and I think were at 2 patches (first was like 6 months after release), how many offical maps does DOD:S have now???? Bf2 I would ball park there patch releases at 4-6 months each. ROOST is only I think the 3rd patch now, a few new weapons and maps and many content updates. So I have to question what Fast would be.

@Rex hahahahah I was going to post that

retard.jpg

neverwalk.jpg

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
Alright well heres a major misconception, and its alot my fault. I really do appreciate the free stuff. I really do think the devs work faster than most dev teams (which is irrelevant because its still slow but I digress). I appreciate everything thats gone on so far. However, to come on here and ass kiss after every single update to the news page is useless. They get enough of it from you guys. Im just trying to look at this realistically here. Time would have been better spent doing something more usefull. Thats my opinion. Crucify me because you cant find my saliva on Yoshiro's ass.
Being appreciative is being an ass kisser? Is it lonely up on that ivory tower?

Moaning/Complaining/Demanding should be done in the Suggestions/Bug forums if need be done. This is an update thread.

Upvote 0
[RO]schneidzekk said:
Well, you obviously ignore the fact that your list isn't our list.

Since we went pro, we hunt the young ladies Ramm hired, cause we do not think of the future and do not care about RO.

Don't forget the Lambos.

I love Tripwire's response to critics. :D

I think I'll be enjoying the "no bouncy off prone people" fix the most. I can finally freaking do bayonet charges on those goddamned prone snipers without falling all over them and giving them time to turn, aim, and kill me.

<3 TW.

Upvote 0
I don't usually respond directly to posts like this, Amerikaner, but this one has kind of struck a nerve with me. First off, the assertion that patches are coming from us slowly borderlines on the hilarious. Compare RO with any other game of its type and how long it takes for them to be patched (COD2 anyone? - 6 months). And RO has a dev team about 1/20th the size of most big budget game studios.

Additionally, asserting that you got more content during the mod period is also a bit silly. First off, during the mod period we very often had to push patches and new features out the door WAY before they really should have been (RO 3.0's sucky tanks anyone?) due to the MSU contest. This lead to some HELLA buggy patches. When you "go pro" you have to do a LOT more testing to ensure you don't break things. Almost ANY new feature needs to be tested for at least a month, if not two, to make sure that nothing was broken by the new feature. Even as much as we test now, bugs still get by, so shoving crap out the door faster wouldn't benefit anyone.

Also, during the MSU contest (and the development of Ostfront) it was not uncommon for a lot of the devs to work over 100 hours a week every week. Hell, during the making of Ostfront I think I went almost 7 months without a day off (thats 7 days a week, 14-18 hours a day for 7 months). So while that was necessary then, I have a wife, kids, and a life, and I would very much like to enjoy them all now a little bit thank you very much :) So let the devs have a break, 50+ hours a week now is plenty.

Finally, you seem to assume that Ostfront updates are the only thing Tripwire is doing with thier time. Need I remind you that there is a little game engine called UE3 we have a license for, and we have no intention of letting it collect dust ;)

Looking through your list, most of the things you have listed are just very opinionated views of how we can make the game be exactly the way YOU want it. You can wait 10,000 years for that list, because Tripwire isn't going to make the game YOU want, we're going to make the game WE want and what we think our FANS want (not just one of them, but the whole lot).

And lastly, PLEASE stop hijacking threads where poeple are expressing thier gratitude for free patches. While you might feel an INCESSNANT need to "bring everyone down" because you think poeple are kissing our butts, in reality the community is just expressing some nice gratitude (which we might just have earned). Make your suggestions where they should be made, in the suggestions forum, and keep it polite and respectful otherwise you're likely to find yourself taking a vacation from these forums.

Upvote 0
[RO]Ramm-Jaeger said:
I don't usually respond directly to posts like this, Amerikaner, but this one has kind of struck a nerve with me. First off, the assertion that patches are coming from us slowly borderlines on the hilarious. Compare RO with any other game of its type and how long it takes for them to be patched (COD2 anyone? - 6 months). And RO has a dev team about 1/20th the size of most big budget game studios.

Additionally, asserting that you got more content during the mod period is also a bit silly. First off, during the mod period we very often had to push patches and new features out the door WAY before they really should have been (RO 3.0's sucky tanks anyone?) due to the MSU contest. This lead to some HELLA buggy patches. When you "go pro" you have to do a LOT more testing to ensure you don't break things. Almost ANY new feature needs to be tested for at least a month, if not two, to make sure that nothing was broken by the new feature. Even as much as we test now, bugs still get by, so shoving crap out the door faster wouldn't benefit anyone.

Also, during the MSU contest (and the development of Ostfront) it was not uncommon for a lot of the devs to work over 100 hours a week every week. Hell, during the making of Ostfront I think I went almost 7 months without a day off (thats 7 days a week, 14-18 hours a day for 7 months). So while that was necessary then, I have a wife, kids, and a life, and I would very much like to enjoy them all now a little bit thank you very much :) So let the devs have a break, 50+ hours a week now is plenty.

Finally, you seem to assume that Ostfront updates are the only thing Tripwire is doing with thier time. Need I remind you that there is a little game engine called UE3 we have a license for, and we have no intention of letting it collect dust ;)

Looking through your list, most of the things you have listed are just very opinionated views of how we can make the game be exactly the way YOU want it. You can wait 10,000 years for that list, because Tripwire isn't going to make the game YOU want, we're going to make the game WE want and what we think our FANS want (not just one of them, but the whole lot).

And lastly, PLEASE stop hijacking threads where poeple are expressing thier gratitude for free patches. While you might feel an INCESSNANT need to "bring everyone down" because you think poeple are kissing our butts, in reality the community is just expressing some nice gratitude (which we might just have earned). Make your suggestions where they should be made, in the suggestions forum, and keep it polite and respectful otherwise you're likely to find yourself taking a vacation from these forums.

amen, glad to see you guys will do something with the ue3 engine :)

Upvote 0
joeblow said:
patch sounds great my only wonder is will the character movements (animations) ever be better or is that a limitation on the engine? The environments look great but the characters just move like stick figures it seems.

We are looking into ways to improve them. The problem lies in the fact that the characters 3rd person anims mirror what the first person actor is doing. So if he is running around with his gun at the hip, that is what he looks like he's doing. We like this system as it allows others to tell what exactly the other players around them are up to (are they taking aim to shoot or not?).

We have been looking into the system though to see where we might improve it to make it more pleasing to the eye while retaining functionality.

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
1. Tripwire is big enough to work faster. Problem is, from what Ive heard and seen around here, Ramm Jaeger is doing the large majority of the work.

2. The devs produced substantial updates in a much faster fashion on the mod (a free product which we did not pay for).

3. When you are a rifleman and spend most of your time looking down the sights, the sights become a very important factor.
Noting that John has already responded, I'll rein in what I was planning to say when I saw this. However:

For your information, Amerikaner, the full team is still in single figures. Apart from some of the art crew working until 1am earlier this week to get this update (and the stuff following on) done, there are others of us only working 50+ hours a week and only some weekends to get this lot out the door. Some people on the team are even planning to have some vacation, for the first time since 2004.

Now, if the Kar sight is such an abomination to you - go mod it! The tools are there - and free. Obviously, you find mods "much faster" - so go do it yourself.

Apart from you clearly feeling that we all sit on our arses and count the money, I think the constant inability to be at least civil is what gets on my tits the most. You've been told before - there is a suggestions thread, so please use it. This isn't it. And just because "YOU" have a suggestion certainly doesn't make it of interest to everyone else.

Now: to EVERYONE on this thread - please stay on topic and civil. Take the bitching and flaming elsewhere (preferably off these forums completely) and put the suggestions where they belong. Any dimwitted responses to John's post or mine will be met with a ban. This is because it is 11:15pm. I've been at work since 8:30am and I am now tired and grumpy. Obviously I am not working hard enough.

/endrant.

Upvote 0
[RO]Ramm-Jaeger said:

Well I dont think I was clear enough. The amount of time between patches of content is just right. My problem lies in the content of those patches. I dont feel there is enough.

Understood. I do remember that and admit I have forgotten that you guys worked relentlessly on the mod. Still, it seems like some of the team is almost nonexistent. Your coding, from what ive seen, is still coming out in a consistent stream and is as good as ever. But what I havent been seeing is backup from other sections such as the art department. We still dont even have winter uniforms for the Germans which really should have been in the very first release.

OK this is the biggest thing that will make me shutup. Actually if you stopped working on RO UE2.5 altogether I would shut the hell up until RO UE3 came out. RO on UE3 will blow people's minds. This really makes me happy.

Thats a shame because the very large majority of suggestions I posted come right from the LOOK HERE BEFORE POSTING Compiled Suggestionsthread which the whole of RO's fanbase has contributed.

The title of the thread is "Booster Pack Changes", not "Booster Pack Changes: Show How Happy You Are". This is a discussion forum. Im discussing the Booster Pack Changes in the relevant thread. I didnt add any suggestions, I just cited what I wished was in the Booster Pack Changes. So there is nothing that I posted that should go in the Ideas and Suggestions forum. I posted correctly.

Lastly, I very much appreciate you responding and I appreciate even more the ungodly amount of work I hear you do. Once again I just have to remind you there is proof of my appreciation, why the hell else would I post so much for I game I dont like?

Edit: Wilsonam, I would go mod the Kar but the system would only allow it to be put on maps that the mapper allowed it to be on, no? Either that or a server would have to run a mutator. Then it is up to the admin which limits it even more. I believe its serious enough to get an official permanent addition.

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
My problem lies in the content of those patches. I dont feel there is enough.

But what I havent been seeing is backup from other sections such as the art department. We still dont even have winter uniforms for the Germans which really should have been in the very first release.

You REALLY try my patience, sonny. How DARE you make comments like that about people who are working their arses off? How do you think a map gets completed in such short time?

As I recall, you are the one who tried mapping and gave up after a week, as it was "too hard to get into". If you had got any further, you would have an understanding of the work required, from the LD and the artists.

If you EVER get caught by me making any such insulting comments about the team again, when they are ALL working so bloody hard, you will be permanently banned.

And do not even consider getting smart with me on this topic. If you wish to stay on these forums, the only response I expect from you is an apology to all those you have insulted.

Upvote 0