• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Booster pack changes

Alternate Respawn System
Benefits for Playing Realistically (staying alive, fear of dying, using tactics)
Collision Detection of Weapons
New Uniforms
Free look for infantry
New Gameplay Modes
Working Bloom
Ability to Share Ammo with Teammates
Option to use sight hood on Kar
Squad System
Improved German Models
Improved Melee System
Throwing Live Grenades
Going back to Realistic Grenade Usage (from the beta)
Gun Jamming
Penetration
Shouldered Stance
Mantling
New Stamina System
Slings and Animations
New Player Movement Animations
Actually Diving Over Obstacles as was initially promised (not jumping on top and flopping around)
Fixed system of not being able to pick up weapons (ie pistol under grenades)

Stats System
Fixed Sounds of weak guns
Ability to hop on a tank to get to battle quicker
Removal of Tip of Head POV
Tweaking of Dismemberment system where everytime you are hit with a nade you should not lose a limb
Tanks having the ability to knock over small obstacles such as fences
Refresh iron sights afer bolting
Melee Attack Disorientation
German Uniform Sleeves/Hands, Russian Hands (First Person), redone
The things I bolded are things that I feel are good to improving gameplay, but a lot of your list are just things a perfectionist would insist upon.

Still, quite a comprehensive list there, Amerikaner.

Upvote 0
Kaner, these changes aren't exactly "useless" as you put it. Virtually all changes will have a positive influence on the gameplay, there is no reason to be disappointed. Be happy that these guys actually give this to you for free, man. Progress slow? I can think of countless of other, and bigger game companies who take ages to fix even the simplest of things.

No reason to go all emo over it. Keep posting ideas.:p

Upvote 0
Nimsky said:
Kaner, these changes aren't exactly "useless" as you put it. Virtually all changes will have a positive influence on the gameplay, there is no reason to be disappointed. Be happy that these guys actually give this to you for free, man. Progress slow? I can think of countless of other, and bigger game companies who take ages to fix even the simplest of things.

No reason to go all emo over it. Keep posting ideas.:p

Alright well heres a major misconception, and its alot my fault. I really do appreciate the free stuff. I really do think the devs work faster than most dev teams (which is irrelevant because its still slow but I digress). I appreciate everything thats gone on so far. However, to come on here and ass kiss after every single update to the news page is useless. They get enough of it from you guys. Im just trying to look at this realistically here. Time would have been better spent doing something more usefull. Thats my opinion. Crucify me because you cant find my saliva on Yoshiro's ass.

Upvote 0
I really don't think smoke grenades, which opens up a lot of tactical options for a team who implements it well as well as the ability to queue up what type of tank rounds you can use next to avoid the dread "double reloading" to switch rounds is exactly "useless". It's all in terms of opinion, but I appreciate what Tripwire is doing for the RO community, and appreciation isn't exactly "ass kissing", either.

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
Alright well heres a major misconception, and its alot my fault. I really do appreciate the free stuff. I really do think the devs work faster than most dev teams (which is irrelevant because its still slow but I digress). I appreciate everything thats gone on so far. However, to come on here and ass kiss after every single update to the news page is useless. They get enough of it from you guys. Im just trying to look at this realistically here. Time would have been better spent doing something more usefull. Thats my opinion. Crucify me because you cant find my saliva on Yoshiro's ass.

Any updates are good, and I think the support here is amazing compared with other WW2 shooters we have on the PC ;) Whats so bad ppl being happy with an update ?

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
lol, thanking the devs for what they do is hardly ass kissing. It would be even weirder if nobody would post. Imagine how strange it would be if nobody in a crowd would applaude after a band gave a kickass concert, even though the crowd liked what they saw and heard.

Having said that...

*Brings out the nails*

Lay still 'Kaner, this will only hurt for a second... :D

Upvote 0
Theres nothing bad about being happy for an update. Whats bad is that nobody criticizes. Thats the main thing thats wrong with this community. You guys just go "wow cool awesome and then leave" even though you agree that other features would be better. Meanwhile I have to pick up the slack and go off the deep end because everyone else is too busy having a party over largely insignificant features which, when taken in context, there are many better options.

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
Theres nothing bad about being happy for an update. Whats bad is that nobody criticizes. Thats the main thing thats wrong with this community. You guys just go "wow cool awesome and then leave" even though you agree that other features would be better. Meanwhile I have to pick up the slack and go off the deep end because everyone else is too busy having a party over largely insignificant features which, when taken in context, there are many better options.
Ppl do moan and whinge otherwise there would not be any fix'es in these updates, The content like new Weapons/Maps etc are an added bonus that any communtiy would be greaful for...

I don't understand why your so upset over a few peeps inc myself being happy to see this news when you are clearly not for some reason. :S

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
Have you seen the 'Ideas and Suggestions' and 'The Bug Report' forums? There are many critics and constructive criticisms. There's nothing wrong with applauding the work that has been down in these few new patch threads.

Upvote 0
Well Amerikaner, i don't got a Problem with you pointing out Stuff you like to see ingame, and which you feel is more important than what Tripwire says, but you can't really state that the Updates are slow, given the Size of Tripwire.

And yes i would like to see some things before getting stuff like Smoke Grenades, but its not my part to decide what goes in in which order.

But i can enjoy the Game as is, though i will always wish for more, but i will alwas wish for more. No matter how much they implement, i can always wish for more, but i know this and don't get all depressed not getting what i want...

But as a sidenote, i don't think optional Sight Hoods for the Kar are really THAT important...

Upvote 0
Witzig said:
Well Amerikaner, i don't got a Problem with you pointing out Stuff you like to see ingame, and which you feel is more important than what Tripwire says, but you can't really state that the Updates are slow, given the Size of Tripwire.

And yes i would like to see some things before getting stuff like Smoke Grenades, but its not my part to decide what goes in in which order.

But i can enjoy the Game as is, though i will always wish for more, but i will alwas wish for more. No matter how much they implement, i can always wish for more, but i know this and don't get all depressed not getting what i want...

But as a sidenote, i don't think optional Sight Hoods for the Kar are really THAT important...

Well here we are getting back into territory we were treading on right before the last update (yes which I bitched at because it contained the same trivial stuff as this one).

1. Tripwire is big enough to work faster. Problem is, from what Ive heard and seen around here, Ramm Jaeger is doing the large majority of the work.

2. The devs produced substantial updates in a much faster fashion on the mod (a free product which we did not pay for).

3. When you are a rifleman and spend most of your time looking down the sights, the sights become a very important factor.

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
It comes down to this. Its not that Im not happy right now, its just that I would be happier if better updates were chosen.

Yer I understand that myself ,, I would love true XF-I support just like BF2 has but I can't see that happening anytime soon, But we live in hope and you never know things that you would also like to see as well will be sorted in time ;)

I supose the Devs can only do so much at any given time, I mean when was the last update now ? about 4 weeks ago ? and compared with say COD2 look at what have been given so far..

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
1. Tripwire is big enough to work faster. Problem is, from what Ive heard and seen around here, Ramm Jaeger is doing the large majority of the work.

2. The devs produced substantial updates in a much faster fashion on the mod (a free product which we did not pay for).

3. When you are a rifleman and spend most of your time looking down the sights, the sights become a very important factor.

1. Well considering new Vehicles were announced in the Chat on Giga iirc, there might be some hidden Stuff Ramm is working on, which we do not see yet... Vehicles, MGs rotating on the base etc. Though i might be wrong and he's spending half of the Week on Hawaii. Even though Ramm is a very good Coder the Maps are done by other Folks, which is a nice amount of work onto itself. And Ramm is the Lead Coder, though he's doing the Majority of coding i guess, might be wrong though.

2. Really ? I didn't count the Days between Updates back than, nor do i now.

3. I usually play as Rifleman Kar98k or some Mosin Nagant, and i am quite happy with the current Ironsights.

Upvote 0