• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Positive Feedback ! ! !

Jamer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2006
Canada
I need some.

Let me first say I do not/nor am trying to take anything away from peoples complaints or grievences. They are valid. I say whats on my mind too,somtimes a little too much. But marching too the beat of my own drum is another story.

That been said, I just thought that... well, recently, and it could have been lady luck, I've been running into a lot of, I don't want to say negativity but thats what it feels like when theres a lot of it. Whether in the forums with "****tard"or what have you, or in game BS to the point were ya just leave. I thought I'd like to get some positive comments going again.Not just for my own selfish selfabsorbed selfcentered reasons, HA, but also for newer players that have just come onboard.

For example, what keeps you playing this game or attracted you to it. For me it was the mature community and very supportive forums as well as tripwire staff making themselves available and listening/acting.

Mushy?,maybe. Been said before? probably. Love this game? **** YA ! and this is somthing I'd like to see continue.

So if ya don't mind laying down your weapons, fill up your canteen and drop a few lines.

I wanna know why you think ROOST ROCKS !:D

I was a die hard CoD/CoDUO fan then came CoD2 which killed it on the PC, I and many other CoDUO fans then went looking for an alternative fps, I first saw this mentined on the Raiders forum and thought at that price if it's a POS it doesn't matter, but I/we didn't get a POS, what we got is a fantastic well thought out fps, yes it's not at the top of the pile graphicaly but it makes up for that in totaly immersive gameplay, excellent backup from the devs which was becoming a rarity in the pc gameworld.

It's difficult to explain to an ardent fps player why this game is so good, it's unique in it's field, the tactical gamepley is a winnerfor me.

Yes there are twonks and idiots but thats the nature of the net in general, but thankfully there's not to many in the RO world, mainly mature people always willing to give help and advice.

Im sure someone can explain it more eloquently than me, if you haven't bought it and you are thinking about it go for it you won't be dissapointed, that is if you are working and have the money to spare of course.

Bottom line if your into run & gun in a big way it's not for you, if on the other hand your growing tired of the same old, same old then RO might just be what you are looking for.
And to top it off this game can and is getting better and better as each day passes, with continued developement, and the input of some very talented map makers who continualy turn out excellent maps, but always ask for feed back from the RO community so they can improve on what they are making.

Upvote 0
Punchy said:
I was a die hard CoD/CoDUO fan then came CoD2 which killed it on the PC, I and many other CoDUO fans then went looking for an alternative fps, I first saw this mentined on the Raiders forum and thought at that price if it's a POS it doesn't matter, but I/we didn't get a POS, what we got is a fantastic well thought out fps, yes it's not at the top of the pile graphicaly but it makes up for that in totaly immersive gameplay, excellent backup from the devs which was becoming a rarity in the pc gameworld.

It's difficult to explain to an ardent fps player why this game is so good, it's unique in it's field, the tactical gamepley is a winnerfor me.

Yes there are twonks and idiots but thats the nature of the net in general, but thankfully there's not to many in the RO world, mainly mature people always willing to give help and advice.

Im sure someone can explain it more eloquently than me, if you haven't bought it and you are thinking about it go for it you won't be dissapointed, that is if you are working and have the money to spare of course.

Bottom line if your into run & gun in a big way it's not for you, if on the other hand your growing tired of the same old, same old then RO might just be what you are looking for.
And to top it off this game can and is getting better and better as each day passes, with continued developement, and the input of some very talented map makers who continualy turn out excellent maps, but always ask for feed back from the RO community so they can improve on what they are making.

no need for me to say anything, pretty much the same reasons apply to moi

Upvote 0
Im a CSS CL so I get plenty of the mindless, unrealistic gaming crap. RO is like the Yin to my CSS Yang. Between them I get most of what I want out of games.

I like RO because I have to think to achieve. The pace is slower, SA is more crucial as you spend longer in areas. I love working the flanks to get the bugger who has been killing all of my team. It satisfys my need for a slightly more cerebral game where twitchy reactions aren't the ultimate sign of skill. It is challenging enough to engross without being so challenging as to put me off. I also love it cos it's like WWIIonline (a bit) but without the 30 minute drive to action.

But despite all of that, the main reason I bought the game was because of a lack of hitpoints. I enjoy having to get a good shot on an enemy tank to kill it, not just pummel any exposed area until you've worn its hitpoints away, irrespective of what weapon you use to do it.

Upvote 0
Good post, good for morale :D

Reason to like RO #1: after playing just about every other ww2 fps made, i was blown away by RO (started with the UT2004 mod versions). 5.1 surround sound cranked up and running thru that first arty barrage left brown stains in my pants. That was probably the first of many " #$%@ *%@$ was THAT !! " screams emitted from my room while playing this game. The sounds alone could prob justify the purchase.

Could go on and on but, too many people to shoot and not enough time, must join game..........

Upvote 0
Punchy said:

This was my experience as well. After playing this game for a while, I went back to CoD 2. It just seemed like a joke to me after playing this game and the realism contained in it. Think there is alot of potential in this game that is yet to be tapped. I like the combined arms, but think it will really come into its own when you can field 64 players.

Also, even though there are some real jerks who play, for the most part most of the folks I have come across are great. I really enjoy Orel when you are on a team that is communicating and considerate to each other and working as a team.

And, I like the fact that the game developers listen to the customer daily. Not once in a year, if even then.

Upvote 0
Jamer said:
I need some.
For example, what keeps you playing this game or attracted you to it. For me it was the mature community and very supportive forums as well as tripwire staff making themselves available and listening/acting.

Mushy?,maybe. Been said before? probably. Love this game? **** YA ! and this is somthing I'd like to see continue.

So if ya don't mind laying down your weapons, fill up your canteen and drop a few lines.

I wanna know why you think ROOST ROCKS !:D

I love first person shooter games, and this is my first time to play online against real people, so this is my first attraction to the game. Second, is the desire to make the game real as possible as far as gaming goes, and I just enjoy WWII era games. I like the maps with a link to history. When I can find guys who want to play as a team, or least support backup, the game is a blast, even if the team loses. :)

Upvote 0